Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Anyone interested in a PMDG NGX Fly-in?

With so many NGX enthusiasts out there, I was wondering if anyone has considered a fly-in event some weekend?

Tommy

Gardermoen (ENGM) Overload later today at 1700z-2100z will be packed with NGX'es :) 17 pilots from Virtual Norwegian alone has signed, and full ATC services of course.

23.png

Gardermoen (ENGM) Overload later today at 1700z-2100z will be packed with NGX'es :) 17 pilots from Virtual Norwegian alone has signed, and full ATC services of course.

no, the event takes place on november 18th, which is tomorrow!

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I didn't say it needed to happen this weekend (with such short notice), but was kicking around the idea for interest so we can plan. We're coming up on Thanksgiving weekend (11/24-11/25) where a lot of people might be home and available to join in. Things to consider:

1. Location: Where are most of our users? If the majority are in the US, let's find a locale in the States. If more are in .eu, let's find a place over the pond. Suggestions?

2. Based on #1, what time? (keeping in mind the drastic time differences)

2. Vatsim or use Chocolate Software's multi-player client?

3. Teamspeak?

4. Livery restrictions? As most of you who have done MP flights before, you have to have everything installed that the other player does in order to see their planes. We might want to settle on preferred liveries to give everyone a chance to get them installed before the big day.

5. WX - Real or cleared?

Anything else anyone can think of?

Tommy

I've set up a dedicated NGX server using Chocolate Software's FSHost if anyone wanted to play around on it to confirm/deny if it's a good option. Use FSHostSpy to locate the Dedicated NGX Flight Server or just put 71.170.36.18 into your FSClient app.

Tommy

no, the event takes place on november 18th, which is tomorrow!

Oups, sry about that :)

23.png

1. Location: Middle East (Dubai) but I don't mind the States or EU since there's hardly anyone else here that does as much flying in the Middle East as I do.

2. Time : Between 1800-2200Z is good for me.

3. I'd prefer VATSIM.

3. Teamspeak? Why not!

4. Livery restrictions? Mostly European carriers at my end with a few Asian liveries.

5. WX - Real or cleared? Definitely, real!

Vatsim would seem to be a very wise choice.

The chances of the Vatsim servers "going down" is very remote.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of anyone hosting from home, on a "Home" Internet Connection, and using FsHost or Fs9 or FSX.