Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

LD767 and Win 8

If I install LD767 FSX won't' run on Win 8. Uninstall and it runs fine. Any ideas? I think it's probably a DLL issue but

have no idea how to fix. Haven't gotten a response in their forum.

Hello

As you have discovered Win8 is not the best choice of OS to run FSX under, not that surprising really as it is aimed at the tablet folks

Actually FSX runs very well on Win 8 64 bit. So far the LD 767 is the only thing I can't get to work with it. It runs faster and smoother and I don't even have it installed on a dedicated HD.

It isn't only intended for "Tablet folks". It is intended to tie three pieces of hardware together on a unified platform. Smartphones, tablets and PC's.

But thanks for the response.

If I install LD767 FSX won't' run on Win 8. Uninstall and it runs fine. Any ideas? I think it's probably a DLL issue but

have no idea how to fix. Haven't gotten a response in their forum.

Have you tried downloading the Flight 1 wrapper and reinstall from there. That will create a new .lic file using the current system info. I don't run Win8 yet, but I am watching closely to see what people experience with it is like.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Yes I did exactly that. Thanks though. I suspect it might be the dll file(s). It's the only add-on that hasn't worked so far.

Yes I did exactly that. Thanks though. I suspect it might be the dll file(s). It's the only add-on that hasn't worked so far.

That's too bad. I hope you have better support at the LD767 dedicate forum. Just curious what other planes did you get to work, and can you give more details about your experience with Win8?

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Just to jump in, I use FSX plus add ons across two Windows 8 machines just fine and have a variety of add ons such as Orbx scenery, Aivlasoft EFB, VoxATC, and A2A, PMDG, Eaglesoft aircraft etc.

Works fine for me although the Flight1 Mustang had to be patched to be able to run on Windows 8, suspect the same here.

I fail to see the point of "upgrading" to W8.  IMHO W7/64 is the sweet spot right now.

spacer.png

I fail to see the point of "upgrading" to W8.  IMHO W7/64 is the sweet spot right now.

Maybe because I was upgrading from 32 bit XP and the upgrade offer price was attractive. 

I'm sure if you look on the official leveld forums they found a way to make it work just can't remeber exactly, my 767 now runs fine on my win 8 system so does fsx to be honest!

LD 767 running on FSX/Win8 is doga$$ slow for me. After uninstalling LDS 767 FSX is back to normal. There is something about LD 767 that really hogs my resources.

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

Anyone get Level D 767 for FS2004 to work in Windows 8? I get the aircraft exterior fine but only get the framework and no gauges for the panels.

Thanks

Ed Ryan

I had a similar issue with the Coolsky Super 80 Pro and on their support forums I found a fix that works for it.  You check "Never search for solutions" (note: Windows does not recommend doing this...) in Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center > Problem Reporting Settings.  If someone with Win8 could try this and see if it works for the LevelD767 I'd appreciate it since I've been considering buying it.

I had a similar issue with the Coolsky Super 80 Pro and on their support forums I found a fix that works for it.  You check "Never search for solutions" (note: Windows does not recommend doing this...) in Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center > Problem Reporting Settings.  If someone with Win8 could try this and see if it works for the LevelD767 I'd appreciate it since I've been considering buying it.

This is the solution, worked perfeclty for me. Thank you zochness

This is the solution, worked perfeclty for me. Thank you zochness