Sign in to follow this  
MED1473

windy Leeds...

Ever wondered how the NGX will perform on a 6000ft rwy with wind VRB 24G35 kn?

Come land in Leeds uk and find out!

I certainly hope it holds till my next day off work lol

Ever wondered how the NGX will perform on a 6000ft rwy with wind VRB 24G35 kn?

Come land in Leeds uk and find out!

I certainly hope it holds till my next day off work lol

I live in Leeds do you?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Aye, nearly got my hat blown off on my way to work just now. Was just thinking, this'd be fun to fly in! Where about Leeds mate?

Use Leeds for practice, then fly south to EGGD, Bristol...

:P

It's so common! EGNM is the highest airport in England and sits at the base of a huge extent of hills that are the Yorkshire Dales, huge enough to make sure wind has got enough momentum when it reaches Leeds Bradford airport. Unfortunately it just lacks a decent scenery. Some freeware available but still a good payware is needed. More over the wind is often a crosswind so keeps it an interesting home airport!

Plays havoc with the pigeon racing!

Love from a Southerner!

Aye, nearly got my hat blown off on my way to work just now. Was just thinking, this'd be fun to fly in! Where about Leeds mate?

I am in Hyde Park mate

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

It's so common! EGNM is the highest airport in England and sits at the base of a huge extent of hills that are the Yorkshire Dales, huge enough to make sure wind has got enough momentum when it reaches Leeds Bradford airport. Unfortunately it just lacks a decent scenery. Some freeware available but still a good payware is needed. More over the wind is often a crosswind so keeps it an interesting home airport!

Good to know. I have been there a number of times but alas pre-flightsim obsessed so really never noticed. Just wondering if ORBX England addresses the poor scenery and airport problem.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Love from a Southerner!

Ben Hall EGSS

PPL (A)

So fairies can actually fly!! (friendly joke)

Always thought pigeon racing was actually more of a Lancashire thing...

I'm from Turin (Italy) originally and flown so much to Stansted! You took your PPL there?

My family is up on Sandmoor lane and Alwoodley... They used to live right across from Roundhay Park. I am over there at least a couple of times a year....

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Unfortunately it just lacks a decent scenery. Some freeware available but still a good payware is needed. More over the wind is often a crosswind so keeps it an interesting home airport!

Seems like UK2000 have started to work on Leeds, just take a look at their forums :)

Seems like UK2000 have started to work on Leeds, just take a look at their forums :)

Yeah hopefully something's coming up in the new year, would be interesting if ORBX took up the challenge too.

My family is up on Sandmoor lane and Alwoodley... They used to live right across from Roundhay Park. I am over there at least a couple of times

Rounhay is such a beautiful part of Leeds, looking at possibly moving round there.

I am in the town centre ATM, full of drunks but convinient

Going back to the original post, anybody aware of challenging approaches/airports in the UK for the NGX?

I've flown around Scotland and the scottish isles not long ago but with the J41.

Yeah hopefully something's coming up in the new year, would be interesting if ORBX took up the challenge too.

Rounhay is such a beautiful part of Leeds, looking at possibly moving round there.

I am in the town centre ATM, full of drunks but convinient

Going back to the original post, anybody aware of challenging approaches/airports in the UK for the NGX?

I've flown around Scotland and the scottish isles not long ago but with the J41.

Try hand flying an instrument approach into Biggin Hill, it has two 90 degree turns within 8 miles of the runway.