Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

NEW! POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS Boeing 777-200ER Merge Packages!

Hi Nandan,

Thanks for all your work in this - I've been MIA from MSFS for a while - I'll have to give that a try...

:)

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I've only just seen this forum and I've also had bouncing problems with the 777-200ER and that's my favorite aircraft. I was wondering Nadan if you could show me your whole Aircraft.cfg since it's working for you. I really want to fly this aircraft smoothly.

I've only just seen this forum and I've also had bouncing problems with the 777-200ER and that's my favorite aircraft.

Hi, Jordan15,

Have you looked through pages 1 and 2 of this thread?  There's lots of discussion of bouncing issues.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Guys! To fix the bouncing problem, just go to the aircraft.cfg, search the [flight_tuning] section, and change "elevator_trim_effectiveness=3.0 " to 1.0. That's it.

Hi guys! I got the problem solved through the maker of this merge (via email). This has to do with the .air file, I just change the name of it and then everything was working fine. It is related to the models, ge, pw or rr. Big thanks!

not to take away anything from this but do you think you guys could do the 787-8,-9,-10??? I'm just trying to get this thing to do better at takeoff properly :)

Ok guys, I got a really new, strange problem.

My merge worked perfectly well this afternoon. 

When I returned to FS2004 this evening, willing to start a flight, my FS starts crashing when trying to start the flight.

Loading is stuck at 0% at then comes the notification that fs9 just crashed.

I am completely speechless, not having any logical explanation to this, since I didnt change anything since this afternoon.

Anyone else experienced this extremely strange problem?

regards,

Marc

When I returned to FS2004 this evening, willing to start a flight, my FS starts crashing when trying to start the flight.

Loading is stuck at 0% at then comes the notification that fs9 just crashed.

Try loading the default Cessna first.

If that doesn't work, you need to say more about what you are trying to do.   Are you loading a saved flight, or are you starting a new flight?

Also, since this thread hasn't been active for awhile, you are using a POSKY or SKYSPIRIT 777 merged w/ the PSS panel?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Ok, well this makes no sense at all to me, BUT you were right! Loaded the cessna first and then returned to the menu to load the t7. It works!

Thank you very much, any idea why fs9 is tryna play this game with me ? 

regards,

Marc

Ok, well this makes no sense at all to me, BUT you were right! Loaded the cessna first and then returned to the menu to load the t7. It works!

Hi, Marc,

Glad it's working!

I don't have my FS computer in front of me, but pretty sure this is mentioned in the PSS manual.  I don't think it's a problem w/ FS9, just a quirk in the PSS 777.  Have you been using it for a long time or did you just start now?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Oh i've been flying this bird with this merge for some years i guess, most of the time without having to select the cessna first.

That is why i dont understand why i sometimes need to do it this way, but most of the time not! well...computers!!

Anyway, i experienced this pitching up an dn as well in crz lvl, have you guys found out a working solution to this? 

Thanks again for your help!

Marc

Oh i've been flying this bird with this merge for some years i guess, most of the time without having to select the cessna first.

That is why i dont understand why i sometimes need to do it this way, but most of the time not! well...computers!!

Anyway, i experienced this pitching up an dn as well in crz lvl, have you guys found out a working solution to this? 

Thanks again for your help!

Marc

Hi, Marc,

I think that, if you load a flight-in-progress, you are more likely to have problems if you didn't load a Cessna first.  If you start w/ a new flight setup, you are less likely.  I haven't flown this merge in awhile but I recall always loading a Cessna to begin with.  If you are loading a saved flight, another trick is to first load the aircraft you are going to fly in a new situation, then load the saved flight.  But only try this if loading the Cessna first doesn't work.

Regarding the bouncing up and down, there are quite a few suggestions in the first few pages of this thread.  Some involve changing MOI for pitch, some MOI for roll.  Some involve changing the elevator pitch trim value.   A number of people have had this problem (I didn't -- it seems to happen on some systems, not others) but it seems fixable.   It involves modifying the aircraft.cfg file (be sure to back it up first!).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hey Mike,

i played a little with the aircraft.cfg , and made a test flight up to FL330 , plane didnt bounce.

thats what i changed:

empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 9000000
empty_weight_roll_MOI = 17000000

i guess i could reduce the pitch number even more, but its fine now.

thanks for your cooperation, man ;)

Marc

i played a little with the aircraft.cfg , and made a test flight up to FL330 , plane didnt bounce.

thats what i changed:

empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 9000000

empty_weight_roll_MOI = 17000000

i guess i could reduce the pitch number even more, but its fine now.

thanks for your cooperation, man ;)

Glad it's working!  You changed the pitch MOI (the right one to change, given your issue), but by quite a lot.  If the plane starts to feel too easy to pitch up and down when you are flying it manually (or does some other weird thing, such as bounce around on the ground), you might want to increase the number some.  You would have to experiment, as this issue seems to depend on your particular system.  But if it works the way you have it, I suggest you just leave it alone!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2