Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

New to X-Plane, need suggestions re Best Addon Aircraft.

Hi All,

I am an avid FSX user and like the PMDG NGX best. But I am going to give X-Plane another try (tried it a long time ago). I am seeking advise regarding which might be the best GA twin, best turbo prop, and best shot at getting something close to the NGX. Also any scenery and airport improvements.

Thanks in advance for any help.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi All,

I am an avid FSX user and like the PMDG NGX best. But I am going to give X-Plane another try (tried it a long time ago). I am seeking advise regarding which might be the best GA twin, best turbo prop, and best shot at getting something close to the NGX. Also any scenery and airport improvements.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I really like the q400 apart from the obvious 777. The q400 don't have anything but default fms, though. Coming from pmdg, that isn't good news. However the fms on the 777 and crj200 is good. I had issues with the 777 and haven't been flying it for a while. Maybe they have sorted it out now.

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

The Carenado B-58 Baron is a fantastic Twin in XPlane.

X-Aviation should be releasing a BAE-32 TurboProp soon,Made by J.Rollon who made the famous CRJ-200

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I second Ralph's suggestion for the Ga you gotta have Jason's piper package Nine Planes for 15 bucks, the flight models are amazing and for that price it is a steal. Go to the sight I would also highly recommend the Cessna 150 for a measly 10 bucks is just a fantastic and very realistic ga to fly. While you are there the vintage beech v35 is a MUST and it's available for the low low price of .....FREE. I have alot of these planes in Carenado versions, they are pretty, but they haven't left the hanger since I got these planes because IMHO Jason's just fly better. The other thing I would be remiss not to comment is that the last time I needed help with one of his aircraft, it took him 7 mins to reply, not months like some others (in fact I've been waiting over a year to hear from saitek)but mins. this by the way was with the v35 which I got for free.

Thank you all. I appreciate your help. I will look into all your suggestions.

swk1959: I see you have a V-Tail Bonanza. When I was a flight instructor during the stone age, the V-Tail Bonanza was my favorite single.

And regarding Saitek, I have given up on them. Their "Pro Flight Yoke" has been relegated to a "Pro Flight Hub" due to numerous issues that made it unusable as a flight sim yoke. Now it's sole function is to connect the throttle quadrant. I own Saitek rudder pedals, yoke, throttle quadrant, and switch panel. But I will never buy anything from Saitek again (nor will anyone I have influence over) due to their lack of support for the problems I had with the yoke. They initially answered my requests for help but when their proposed solution for the problem failed, they put me on ignore and never responded again. I understand mistakes happen and products sometimes don't turn out the way the manufacturer intends. But I submit there is no legitimate excuse for those who choose to take our money and feel it's ok to refuse to meet reasonable requests for support necessary to make the product perform as it should. Whew, I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Thank you all. I appreciate your help. I will look into all your suggestions.

swk1959: I see you have a V-Tail Bonanza. When I was a flight instructor during the stone age, the V-Tail Bonanza was my favorite single.

And regarding Saitek, I have given up on them. Their "Pro Flight Yoke" has been relegated to a "Pro Flight Hub" due to numerous issues that made it unusable as a flight sim yoke. Now it's sole function is to connect the throttle quadrant. I own Saitek rudder pedals, yoke, throttle quadrant, and switch panel. But I will never buy anything from Saitek again (nor will anyone I have influence over) due to their lack of support for the problems I had with the yoke. They initially answered my requests for help but when their proposed solution for the problem failed, they put me on ignore and never responded again. I understand mistakes happen and products sometimes don't turn out the way the manufacturer intends. But I submit there is no legitimate excuse for those who choose to take our money and feel it's ok to refuse to meet reasonable requests for support necessary to make the product perform as it should. Whew, I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

Nice to make your acquaintance and nothing like a good old rippin' rant to make ya feel better :P

I certainly hear ya with the Saitek issue's. I have the radio's, auto pilot, switch panel,TPM and the trim wheel. It is only thru the efforts of a fella by the name of Bill Sparker that I even got these to work with my x-plane. His tireless efforts now have made them also work with the 64bit beta's as well.

Take the time to visit Jason's site AIR.C74.NET check out his 63 S35 Bonanza v-tail.There is a story to this particular plane that he modelled all be it a very tragic one that involves a crash It is an absolute joy to fly, it's free. And drop a line to say hello. He is a great guy and quick to respond to questions. He has other great planes there as well and they are all affordable . I am in no way affiliated or connected, just a fan.

all the best,

Scot

B777 Worldliner by Ramzzess

CRJ200 by JRollon

ATR72 by McPhat

Dash Q400 by FlyJSim

Most GA planes from Carenado

Soon:

A320NEO by JAR Design (supposed to be superb full sim)

B727 by FlyJSim

B737 by IXEG

Everything that has been mentioned so far is great, I'm also very fond of Leading Edge Simulations Duchess and Sundowner.