Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FAB 1 Gerry Anderson

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv/8121452/Thunderbirds-Gerry-Anderson-dies

Anyone who grew up in the 60's and 70's will remember Thunderbird's.

Gerry was a man ahead of his time, RIP.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I indeed grew up watching and loving Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Captain Scarlet and UFO. I loved every episode, and these shows were an integral part of my childhood. Like so many young boys of the mid 60s, I fell in love with women watching Marina swim silently in Stingray, and shared Troy Tempest's sentiments in the closing song of that series. Then a few years later, I fell in love with aviation because of Thunderbirds. Finally, I became intrigued by the UFO phenomena because of the show of the same name.

These three loves have lasted a lifetime, I just turned 55 a few weeks ago, and reflect on how Gerry Anderson's programs on British television impacted my interests. Only thing to rival it was Star Trek. So happy to see Next Generation just arrive on Netflix in Canada, and even today I quoted Picard and applied it to myself, saying to my brother in law, "Recently I have become aware that there are more days behind me than there are ahead of me."

What shows impact the kids of today to this degree? God help us when they fill their minds with vampires, murder, violence and promiscuity. I am so thankful for the childhood shows which helped to create character and lifelong interests in me. May television find the same solidity for future generations

Kenneth J Kerr

Who's going to pull the strings now...

I remember watching Stingray, Thunderbirds Captain Scarlet, et al, when I was a young child. I still watch them occosaionally today. This man has brought so much entertainment, pleasure, joy, to so many people. He has inspired the imaginations of so many, he will not be forgotton.

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

And the ultimate collectable, for kids at least 40 years or older :lol:

(I don't think this one was the original but I still want it)

2006AE7838.jpg

Matthew Kane

Even growing up in the 90s/00s, Thunderbirds was a huge part of my childhood!! My dad intorduced me, and from that point, I was entranced by the magic of International Rescue (and still am!) What an amazing creation, RIP Gerry Anderson!!

And the ultimate collectable, for kids at least 40 years or older :lol:

(I don't think this one was the original but I still want it)

2006AE7838.jpg

I have this exact model sitting on a shelf in my room!! It's pretty cool, opens up and everything!