Sign in to follow this  
foxden6

Left engine inop

I had flown my 737NG several times, using the engnine running from start. Decided to setup 737NG for my first cold/dark. Got AP running, started Eng 1 with no problems, started Eng 2 with no problems. After cleaning up the overhead panel and beginning taxi, noticed that Eng 1 would not advance with the throttle. I shutdown and restarted Eng 1 several times with same results. Also checked my Flight Controls to assure that my Saitek system was still setup to operate both throttles with the single control lever. No problems noticed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to diagnosis this issue?

when you advance the throttles can you actually see the throttles move foward in vc view?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi

Most likey controller setup in FSX but need to know answer to Peters question above.

Yes, both throttles advance (per 3D view). I did change the FSX - Saitek controller for the throttle lever to be Eng 1 only, but the throttle advance did not cause the engine to power up. It sat at same engine readings (N1, EGT, etc)

Eng 1 started @ 25%, fuel added and allowed to increase power until stabilized - about a minute or two.

Thanks for your inputs

Dennis

I had the same issue. My axis-assignments changed (somehow). I made sure they were correct again, them restarted FSX. I can't remember if this worked, or if I restarted the whole computer. I would probably just restart the whole computer.

Are you using a single throttle to control 2 engines? From time to time both sims will advance only one engine even though they are all running. It's a pain after having spent 20 minutes doing the pre-flight.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

I setup the cold/dark mode, closed FSX, and after three starts it appears that both engines are now working on the single throttle. Maybe issue is resolved. Guess I just need to invest in a good throttle control unit with seperate lever for each engine.

if you experience this problem again, you can try this little hint, it helps me from time to time on 4-engine craft (Capt. Sim C-130, Area 51 C-17, Alphasim C-5).

Hit "E" and let go, then quickly hit 1, 2, (3), (4) [how ever many number of engines you have] ... But do not HOLD them, just press and go to the next in fast motion. This will tell the sim "Engine 1,2,3,4.. do this" Where as, you could be at idle and just hit "E / 2" then move the throttle, and ONLY Engine 2 lever will move NOT engine 1.