Sign in to follow this  
navtech

New year gift from W of AI

Well it's their choice isn't it? They have no obligation to do anything for us and we have no right to demand anything from them. I think they've given us more than enough 'new year gifts' for free over the past years. I thank them and wish them all the best.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thsi has aleady been discussed in two previous threads. Do we really need another one? (That the point behind my first reply which the OP missed.)

If there is anyone here in contact with the principals in WofAI, would you be willing to ask them if there is any possibility of:

a. Allowing AVSIM and FS.com to host the existing files and the installer so future people new to the hobby have an option to enjoy the same wonderful packages the rest of us have for so many years?

b. Allowing a reputable member of the sim community to have their files, especially those used to compile the packages for the installer? It seems tragic that such ingenious and creative work that has already been done should vanish, taking that knowledge with them?

I totally endorse their right to do what they are doing - and understand and support the reasons they give for doing it. Like all of us on here, I am awed at the wonderful gifts they have given us over the years and deeply thankful. But if there was any way that what they have contributed could be saved and perhaps even continue to be developed, it would seem to me a more fitting "final bow" to their grateful audience than just shutting down and letting all they have worked so hard to produce disappear.....

Just a thought - and regardless of any other action - good luck to them and thanks for all the awesome goodies they contributed through the years

Ian

ps. i agree there's no point in beating a dead horse. So unless there's a way of actually achieving anything positive, there doesn't seem much to be said that hasn't already been posted here and elsewhere

1.5 gigs gets you all the current Passenger, GA and Cargo downloads. Took a few hours but well worth it.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1.5 gigs gets you all the current Passenger, GA and Cargo downloads. Took a few hours but well worth it.

Thanks for the heads up. Well worth it indeed.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I don't know of other packages that support FS9 the way WOAI does, so I'll complete the collection - if 1.5GB does the job, I'm almost there already.

One thing I will definitely miss, is the ability to pull a list of all airlines that use a certain airport.

Does anyone know of a way to do this offline?

I have WOAI installed in FS9.... It's the main reason I have FS9 right now, since their packages really liven up the FS9 environment without a peformance hit. They'll be missed and indeed their announcement of impending shutdown is a gift--it will allow those who want to complete their collection of AI a chance to download it, and it will allow those who haven't installed their packages a final chance to do so. Kudos to WOAI for keeping their packages available for as long as they have.

John

http://world-of-ai.com/downloads.html

I use aca2005 to scan aircraft cfg etc, it can tell you packages that fly into certain airport

Yes I rate this as software you cannot do without.

But ACA scans stuff already installed... I am after database mining which tells you what you need to install for a particular airport.

Like this:

http://world-of-ai.com/airports.php

When the website goes down, this will no longer be available.