Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

KingAir C90B Auto Pilot

Well, the full screen hud exists seperately from the main panel view. It's more or less generic on any plane, so tweaking the options for it shouldn't take away from the actual plane and cockpit.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Thanks Tom,

The King Air C90B is looking good inside and out. One question.. Where is the parking brake release?

Thanks,

John

John Wingold

why its right there on the keyboard John....the letter 'v'

Ok...I am just kidding, you got me on that one. I don't have one in 3D but I will get it put in there for the next release :) Sorry about that.

I will say that we are coming down to the point where there will be much more time between releases so if you have any requests, let me know. For the next release, I'll put in the parking brake and also the entry door, but do not have anything else on my list....but I'm sure I'll miss something. So feel free to request...no guarantees of course, but you guys definitely have a sharper eyes.

Tom K

Where is the parking brake release?

It is the top press of the left-most rocker switch on the Saitek throttle quad of my Saitek Pro Flight Cessna yoke....

I just have to ask why you are looking for the parking brake release. The parking brake set and parking brake release are the same keystoke (or same configured peripheral switch).

Is the reason you are asking because you cannot keep the Carenado C90 still when the parking brake is off, so you have it on and cannot figure out how to release it? If I did not have the C90 parking brake on, I could not keep it still.... until I moved the feather lever to the fully feathered position, and also toggled the autofeather selector to the "on" position. Not sure how this is IRL for a King Air, but its the combo that works for me to stave off unintended movement of my C90.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Carenado? Who said anything about Carenado?

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Fppilot,

When the 10.20r1 came out, Tom had graciously fixed all the things I had asked about -- and then some. I had however, lost the button function on my yoke that I had assigned to "toggle brake hold" or whatever it is called. It was only then that I started looking for the release control on the panel. I reset the button function after looking and not finding one on the panel. It is not that I have to have one, it is just that Tom is striving to make this aircraft as real as it can get (He has also noticed the lack of a working door and is working on that). In my opinion, this has evolved into what should be the default aircraft for X-Plane. It is certainly my favorite of the ones furnished (for free) with the simulation. Also, I have figured out that by controlling the sounds, you can lower the prop sound to where you can hear the beautiful sound of the engines. Actually I lowered both so I can hear other cockpit sounds better. As far as holding the aircraft still on the runway, I do have to bring the prop lever all the way down to keep it from crawling with the brakes released, but I'm sure Tom will see that and fix it too. I am still impressed with Tom's efforts to make this as good as it can get.

John

John Wingold

I do have to bring the prop lever all the way down to keep it from crawling with the brakes released

I can't speak on this one with regards to the King Air, only he MU2, which I have actual time in....but at idle, the plane had quite a bit of forward thrust. The common way to control taxi speed was by throwing the levers into the beta region....going into reverse as needed as you taxied, otherwise, the plane would get rolling pretty fast, even at idle. Even though the King Air is a free-turbine, I consider the behavior 'possible' and in the absence of input from a King Air pilot, I am unsure as to the actual behavior and so have left it this way; however, I do live about 2 minutes from the airport and routinely hear that unique sound of negative pitch blades as I know planes are taxiing out to the runway so I figured King Airs do it too (because MU2s aren't real common here anymore). Now Austin owns a PT-6 powered plane...I guess I should ask him :P

Tom K

I also do not know the characteristics of this aircraft, but should have worded my statement "If there is a problem, Tom will fix it." I just pull back on the prop lever and let it do it's thing.

John

John Wingold

No problem John. I just heard back from Austin. He says if he pulls his power all the way back and his prop too...he'll get up to nearly 60 knots at that idle setting so definitely need to move into beta/reverse. I don't think I have the king air tweaked just right in this regards though. On my MU2 in x-plane, I taxi in beta mode and simply apply power to slow down....and on the xplane king air, it might be that when in beta range there is NOT enough forward thrust at idle. I'll look into this.

What I think is convenient for desktop simming is that you do not have to continuously tap a button or key to go in and out of reverse while taxiing, rather I'd want it so that you simply move your hardware throttle to manage taxi speed...and in beta mode, the more power you add, the more reverse you'll add so you will be adding power to slow down. So the general modus operandi is to put the props in beta mode before taxiing, release brakes....begin taxiing with idle power and add power to slow down...then go into normal prop mode right before takeoff. That is what I will test for and try and tweak to be a bit more normal

Tom K

Hi Tom

I've just been taking a look at the KingAir after the latest update and I think it is really improving nicely. When flying it I am starting to get that same excellent 'actual flying' feel that I get from your MU-2.

One thing I have noticed though, when in HDR mode the taxi light seems to shine backwards under the fuselage, and I can't see any light shining forward through the cockpit window.

I am liking the changes to the Baron also, and I know you said there is more to come, which is great.

Keep up the good work.

Hey Simon. That sounds a little strange to be sure...I can't say I'm seeing that with HDR on (see pics). Anybody else seeing what I see with HDR on? Now I've seen that on a much older King Air version, but not the recent one.

https://dl.dropbox.c...10.10.01 AM.jpg

that just looks like an old King Air Simon. mmm. you have the autopilot stuff between the seats? the new buttons and such? I'm doing some king air work this morning...I can shoot you an alternate version for testing here in a bit.

Tom