Sign in to follow this  
Jim Padgett

I really screwed up... bought both 737 and JS4100

Super add-ons BTW.... but alas I am in love with the JS4100 ... and I haven't flown the 737 for a while...

Great Job to all PMDG staff ....

Is there an easy way to set IAS Altitude changes without using tool tips ?

Have I mentioned how much fun this one is to fly?....

Is there a way to use an axis controller to control Reversers ?

I have fsuipc and see how to set a FS control using ranges.. but I don't see how to set a number of

repeats and just sending 1 F2 or Throttle Decr isn't enough and if you repeat it you always get max reverse..

Regarding the IAS and ALS modes, my way of doing it looks like this:

After start up, I set GA, ASL and VS modes on.

After takeoff, I chase the FD bars. At 500ft AGL, the vertical speed is somewhere in 1500 fpm range (depends on weight, temperature and other performance factors). I turn on the AP/YD and increase/decrease vertical speed to have the bird slowly increase the IAS. When it reaches 170 kts, i turn on IAS mode on selector panel.

I do not use any views for this, but I have TrackIR and GF Airliner setup, so this is much easier for me to operate the speed thumbwheel.

Jim ... have you got FS2Crew for the NGX and the J41? ... awsome addons also add FS2Crew RAAS and your rocking add a sprinkle of VOXATC into the mix and you'l be in heaven :rolleyes:

s there a way to use an axis controller to control Reversers ?

.. but I don't see how to set a number of repeats and just sending 1 F2 or Throttle Decr isn't enough and if you repeat it you always get max reverse..

As far as I know there is only one reverse thrust ...Max. If you select the "Repeat while held" box in fsuipc then you will get full reverse thrust until either a button is released or you adjust your axis. I use the Saitek yoke and when the throttles are moves below the detent a button is activated I use it them for F1 with the option mentioned.

Works perfectly on both 737 and 4100

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

If you select the "Repeat while held" box in fsuipc then you will get full reverse thrust until either a button is released or you adjust your axis. I use the Saitek yoke and when the throttles are moves below the detent a button is activated I use it them for F1 with the option mentioned.

Works about the same with the CH throttle quadrant. I was just sitting here thinking about that airplane...love flying it but wish they'd think about a change to the overspeed...having the alarm go off 5 knots or so before the airplane fails.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Having the alarm go off 5 knots or so before the airplane fails.

You must be the only person I've heard of that has the "Airplane stresses" box ticked in your FSX settings; the crash detection is truly awful, not at all realistic and best left turned off. However, I'm sure you can set a Vne breakup speed somewhere in the .cfg or .air files.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

You must be the only person I've heard of that has the "Airplane stresses" box ticked in your FSX settings; the crash detection is truly awful and best left turned off.

I turned it off. But this is the ONLY reason I had to turn it off.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Jim ... have you got FS2Crew for the NGX and the J41? ... awsome addons also add FS2Crew RAAS and your rocking add a sprinkle of VOXATC into the mix and you'l be in heaven :rolleyes:

No I do have TrakIR and EZDoc though...

"As far as I know there is only one reverse thrust ...Max. If you select the "Repeat while held" box in fsuipc then you will get full reverse thrust until either a button is released or you adjust your axis. I use the Saitek yoke and when the throttles are moves below the detent a button is activated I use it them for F1 with the option mentioned.

Works perfectly on both 737 and 4100"

I was thinking to set it similar to like you can hold F2 down and when you stop pressing, the throttle movement stops.....

It would be great to get an axis controller to do the same thing..

Am I to settle and just configure a button for reverser thrust?

I am using CH yoke and would like to have 1 lever control throttle.. ( no problem here )

and a second lever to control Reverser ( I can get it to deflect about 1/3 of the range ) ...

Has anyone got a workable solution?

G'day J41 "People" B)

I have recently bought myself a Saitek Yoke and Throttle Quadrant, and it sure seems a better controller than a 'stick' for flying the J41 with, especially the longer travel you get with the levers, makes adjusting those Garrets an easier task. I have set the throttle lever to engage F2 when I pull the lever past idle (it has a button there for those that don't know), but as mentioned in a previous post, I just get "Full Reverse" and then a nasty jump into the "forward thrust' range when returning the lever to idle. Would the program 'FSUIPC' be of any help with this situation? What works for you guys?

Pete.

I just get "Full Reverse" and then a nasty jump into the "forward thrust' range when returning the lever to idle. Would the program 'FSUIPC' be of any help with this situation? What works for you guys?

Yes. You can change the point at which the forward thrust engages. I have created a 'blank' space near the detants on most of my aircraft so that doesn't happen. FSUIPC can also create a null zone for your yoke so that if the yoke is leaning a little bit to one side it doesn't apply aileron. It can do lots of things!

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

Thanks for the info Gregg.

Where you have created a 'blank' space near the detants, was that through the FSX controller menu, or is that only workable using FSUIPC?

I have not purchased FSUIPC as yet, but it seems like a very useful program for the larger aircraft.

Is there an easy way to set IAS Altitude changes without using tool tips ?

Have I mentioned how much fun this one is to fly?....

Hi

For IAS you can see it in the PFD when you adjust it so there is no need for tooltips.

You can assign some buttons to inc/dec it, same as vertical speed it's the same control. I use a lua to assign it that I stole from Linda

Where you have created a 'blank' space near the detants, was that through the FSX controller menu, or is that only workable using FSUIPC?

You can't do that in FSX. FSUIPC does it. It's worth it. It makes simming better and gives you more flexibility.

Gregg Seipp

Yes I have FSUIPC ...

The default reversers calibrations don't work for the entire range..

I am working on using offsets to do what I want to do..

So far I have set a lever to Increase reverse thrust and if I push the lever forward a bit it stops the increase.. so I can adjust the amount as I wish.

I am also attempting to cal the Condition lever so that full back is taxi and full forward is flight and if in the middle range a bit forward will increase levers and a bit back will decrease levers...

It works now, but I want a smaller increment for the condition levers.