Hi,

Active Sky (ASE in my case) will not connect to the weather server, it just hangs on "downloading global data for 19Z." Looks like the server is down again.

Thanks

I've seen the same problem the past 3 days using AS6. If I try using my old AS5 it will work on the 3rd or 4th try. But I don't like AS5 since it never shows what the weather is reported in the sim. Example the metar reports overcast. I go back to the sim and I see partly sunny skies. AS6 shows the proper weather but for the past 3 days errors out with trying to download. Program worked fine up until 3 days ago. With occasional hickups around Christmas time. Please fix. I know I'm running older versions but they should work. It's problems like this that will make me look at Rex or others when I do want to upgrade. I've been with this program since the very first version.

Bob

Hi guys,

Still no joy on either server downloading with Active Sky 2012.

Build 4755

15:47:52 - Downloading global weather data for 27/01/2013 15:47:52 (15Z) from Secondary Server...

15:49:33 - Download failed, retrying, attempt #2

15:49:38 - Switching to Secondary Server

15:49:40 - Download failed, retrying, attempt #3

15:49:45 - Switching to Secondary Server

15:51:26 - Download failed, retrying, attempt #4

15:51:31 - Switching to Secondary Server

15:53:12 - Download failed, retrying, attempt #5

15:53:17 - Switching to Secondary Server

Kindest regards

edit seems like the website is down also, co incidence?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

It was working for a short time last week but now seems to be a problem again...

I wonder if they have upgraded anything or changed some of their server settings!?

Kim

Getting fed up with this. Its happening too often mostly at weekends ! Also fed up with being told that the 'servers aren't down' and the issue is at my end. I've just tried REX - downloaded metar OK and the demo version of Opus - also no problem. If I they don't fix this in the next coule of weeks I am going to buy opus and ditch AS2012. All I need is good textures for OPUS and REx will do for that.

After a new start it worked again.

But I was unable to get the newest weather with the refresh button. :wacko:

In regard to yesterdays (1-27) connection problems, Myself included there were no problems with the wx servers themselves. There were routing issues along the net.

Issues totally out of our control. It only seemed to affect a small percentage of users. Whether it is hardware or maintainence issues along the line we have no idea. That is just life on the net.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png