Sign in to follow this  
Vicpdx17

Best route planner with download?

Hi,

I was wondering since on the FMC you can import flight data from a downloaded file for now I have been using sim routes but does anybody have another site they would reccommend where you can download flight plans and upload them into the FMC.

Victor S.

You can create VOR to VOR routes between any two airports with the free version of Ideal Fight and then using FSC, PlanToRoute, or similar, save them as .rte files and place them in the PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder. In the upcoming version [sf], Ideal Flight exports PMDG (and other) compatible plans to the co route folders automatically. For full routes with intersections IF is pay ware, the FMC support for exporting special plan files is an addon DLC package being prepared right now. IF makes the best automatic routes along airways and crosses between continents for routes up to 10,800 NM long.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Personally I prefer AivlaSoft EFB in networked configuration. It uses RouteFinder/VATroute engines for flight planing, allows to add SID/STAR (using Navigraph data) and exports flight plans to many formats including PMDG's .rte, not to mention it's EFB capabilities ;) Unfortunately it will not generate route automatically as IF does. You should try them both. There's also vroute.net, it has huge database of flight plans ready for download and use in FSX, it has also some fuel planing capabilities, but I can't say how accurate it is at it.

Free demo at www.aivlasoft.com

Would also recommend Aivlasoft EFB, it's transformational especially when used with something like the Feelthere Phenom 100 as suddenly you have a very powerful avionics suite!

There’s also FlightAware to consider.

EFB and IF work well together.

The problem with pre-made up plans is not being able to go where you want. IF’s route finder is a BIG upgrade to FSX’s route finder and can include computed approaches. Currently IF users take the IF plan and add SID/STAR in a manual planner if they want that, then drop the plan back onto IF.

Although we don’t normally place SID/STAR in the flight plan it’s nice to be able to do so. IF’s Navigation upgrade, out in a few months; will include the choice of SID/STAR and Departure/Approach, along with the Runway picker tool. IF by default reads the simulator scenery for waypoints. Choosing an AIRAC Cycle from your Navigraph and your NavDataPro database will also be included. The planner will continue to operate with Add-In Nav Data as it does now with the FSX dataset. Remember that Add-In Nav Data requires a subscription and the airports numbering in the sim may not be correct without modifying the scenery files.

May be unrelated to what you are asking for...but for a few bucks you can get FSBuild...import real world flight plans and ASE weather (plans care of FlightAware.com) into FSBuild, then use the CO RTE line in the FMC to import the FSBuild created plan.

Using the performance file for a 737-800 in FSB and ASE weather, you will be amazed how close to predicted time and fuel burn it can get.

Rob.

I am new to EFB but having used it six times for inter European flights I find it a fantastic edtion to my cockpit - actually don't how I did it all before I started using it :-). Its link to both VATRoute and Routefinder enables your route to be fully integrated and portrayed on a screen or even across a network and it even pulls in my Active Sky weather and links to VATSIM.

So another recommendation.

Ian Broni

Co-Founder

PC Pilots Ireland

Oh ok Thanks for the help guys! I actually now have the trial of EFB by aivlasoft and need help. I actually selected the airports to and from but when I put it in the FMC it wont show a blue dotted route?. Why is that? and is there a software you would reccommend I can just put into the FMC and it shows the route?

Victor S.

Like this? IF version [sf] is out in a few weeks, exports to your favourite FMC. This is under testing, the VOR Frequencies are shown in the production version briefing.

PMDGSupported.jpg

There’s also FlightAware to consider.

EFB and IF work well together.

The problem with pre-made up plans is not being able to go where you want. IF’s route finder is a BIG upgrade to FSX’s route finder and can include computed approaches. Currently IF users take the IF plan and add SID/STAR in a manual planner if they want that, then drop the plan back onto IF.

Although we don’t normally place SID/STAR in the flight plan it’s nice to be able to do so. IF’s Navigation upgrade, out in a few months; will include the choice of SID/STAR and Departure/Approach, along with the Runway picker tool. IF by default reads the simulator scenery for waypoints. Choosing an AIRAC Cycle from your Navigraph and your NavDataPro database will also be included. The planner will continue to operate with Add-In Nav Data as it does now with the FSX dataset. Remember that Add-In Nav Data requires a subscription and the airports numbering in the sim may not be correct without modifying the scenery files.

Hi Steve,

I have IF, but have not yet re installed it because I started using ProATC. Question; will they work together? As ProATC also has it's own flight planner which is used to install the fp into NGX? Also using Opus for my weather, will that interfere with the winds generated in IF?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hey Mike, Yes ProATC works with IF give it a go, drop the ProATC plan on IF to create the flight then run as usual. Opus is great with IF and I've got several heads up from IF users about it and Vox and EFb and.... IF works with every addon.

Oh ok Thanks for the help guys! I actually now have the trial of EFB by aivlasoft and need help. I actually selected the airports to and from but when I put it in the FMC it wont show a blue dotted route?. Why is that? and is there a software you would reccommend I can just put into the FMC and it shows the route?

Victor S.

My normal procedure with EFB is to generate the flight plan then copy and paste it into ProATC, which then generates the file which installs into NGX. You should also be able to use EFB just make sure that when you save the fp you have the pmdg box ticked. I have also used EFB plans with no problems at all.

Hey Mike, Yes ProATC works with IF give it a go, drop the ProATC plan on IF to create the flight then run as usual. Opus is great with IF and I've got several heads up from IF users about it and Vox and EFb and.... IF works with every addon.

Thanks Steve, I'll re install it today, by the way where is the best place to get the heads up on new updates for IF?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Keep an eye on the forum look for the Future IF subjects. Also visit my FSN page have a look at the in testing shots I've posted. Due to circumstances out of my control, IF is playing catch-up a little, but special integration with these advanced aircraft and others is finally arriving, then IF can move on with lots of stuff planned.