Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fulcrum_64th

Aerosoft Airbus X Extended 1.04 to be released very soon

Let's see what our friends from Aerosoft have added/fixed in that version...

Best

win 10x64 - Asus Rampage V Extreme - I7 5930K@4.5Ghz - Samsung 850 pro SSD - RAM Corsair 32GB DDR4 2800 - Corsair H100i - Asus Geforce 1080 ti - Philips BDM4065UC 4K monitor - oculus rift cv1 and a few other goodies

According to the log it's only checklist/minor issues. Navigation and VNAV which are the most important were apparently, once again, left in the dark :(

Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.7GHz · 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3800 14-15-12 · nVidia GTX1080Ti · Gigabyte x570i WiFi PRO · Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA · BenQ Designer PD3200Q VA 32" QHD · NZXT H210i · Fully Watercooled · Seasonic Core 650W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg

pity... I was hoping for VNAV as well as working diversions/secondary flight plan/go arounds in the MCDU....

I guess that means it's (again) going to be a NGX weekend :)

win 10x64 - Asus Rampage V Extreme - I7 5930K@4.5Ghz - Samsung 850 pro SSD - RAM Corsair 32GB DDR4 2800 - Corsair H100i - Asus Geforce 1080 ti - Philips BDM4065UC 4K monitor - oculus rift cv1 and a few other goodies

At least we know VNAV is coming, Joshua C. put a blurry picture on the AXE forum that indicated they were getting somewhere progress-wise.

Jackson Dalton

Specs are in my profile

The biggest problem:

LNAV with radial interception, is still broken.

VNAV maybe got a little better with a little better calculated ToD.

According to the log it's only checklist/minor issues. Navigation and VNAV which are the most important were apparently, once again, left in the dark :(

Quite - I'm afraid I just don't get it. Yes, the checklist stuff is important, but surely they need the basics sorted first.

I desperately want to like the AXE, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to do so with all of fundamental navigation issues. I feel myself gravitating back to the original Airbus X which I absolutely loved (glad to say that it's still on my hard drive)...

Quite - I'm afraid I just don't get it. Yes, the checklist stuff is important, but surely they need the basics sorted first.

Hey Gary,

This is because the FMGS dev that handles the MCDU is on his first vacation in probably a year. So, while he's gone, that gives all of the other devs free rein to tie up and fix any loose ends they can that don't require his input. So, on 1.04 you see fixes on the PFD, ECAM, VNAV, LOC/ILS, FBW, Right MCDU, and checklist/copilot options because 4 or 5 of the devs that are here and working were able to belt those out, with enough done to make it a full update. Once he is back, you can definitely look for these few nav issues to get looked at.

Regards,

Kyle

li1t.png

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,660.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now