Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fulcrum_64th

Aerosoft Airbus X Extended 1.04 to be released very soon

According to the log it's only checklist/minor issues. Navigation and VNAV which are the most important were apparently, once again, left in the dark :(

pity... I was hoping for VNAV as well as working diversions/secondary flight plan/go arounds in the MCDU....

I guess that means it's (again) going to be a NGX weekend :)

At least we know VNAV is coming, Joshua C. put a blurry picture on the AXE forum that indicated they were getting somewhere progress-wise.

The biggest problem:

LNAV with radial interception, is still broken.

VNAV maybe got a little better with a little better calculated ToD.

According to the log it's only checklist/minor issues. Navigation and VNAV which are the most important were apparently, once again, left in the dark :(

Quite - I'm afraid I just don't get it. Yes, the checklist stuff is important, but surely they need the basics sorted first.

I desperately want to like the AXE, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to do so with all of fundamental navigation issues. I feel myself gravitating back to the original Airbus X which I absolutely loved (glad to say that it's still on my hard drive)...

Quite - I'm afraid I just don't get it. Yes, the checklist stuff is important, but surely they need the basics sorted first.

Hey Gary,

This is because the FMGS dev that handles the MCDU is on his first vacation in probably a year. So, while he's gone, that gives all of the other devs free rein to tie up and fix any loose ends they can that don't require his input. So, on 1.04 you see fixes on the PFD, ECAM, VNAV, LOC/ILS, FBW, Right MCDU, and checklist/copilot options because 4 or 5 of the devs that are here and working were able to belt those out, with enough done to make it a full update. Once he is back, you can definitely look for these few nav issues to get looked at.