Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

GSX/AES not working..then please report it here

As for the pushback, are you using option "Keep Mech on push" in "Advanced Options" panel?

Keep mech on push is off. 

I only have 3 options on in "advanced options"

-Stay to tray

-Numlock disables reco

-Interface AES

In normal options all is off

Checklist is ON

No item status check is ON

I find something.

If i say "cockpit to ground" the ground coordinator give the wellcome messege, and after the mechanic.

So i can activate all the ground service with the voice without go nout full screen mode or push any switch.

This problem was solved.

The GSX/AES.pdf that comes with MCE need more information. This document confuse me.

Not sure if I've altered something accidentally (wouldn't be the first time!) but ever since the latest update (2.6.5.2) I can't get GSX to start by voice command.

That is, if I say "Cockpit to ground", there's no response and my words don't appear in the dialogue box top left.

I can start GSX using the Ctl+F12 keys and it then operates normally for push back etc.

Any ideas, please?

Sorry if I haven't made myself clear.

I normally say "Cockpit to ground" and get a response from the MCE ground mechanic who hands me over to the GSX crew on my request.

But now the MCE ground mechanic doesn't respond, nor do I see my own words when calling him.

For me I have noticed that GSX doesn't recognize Stand 7 at UK2000 Liverpool after the updates.

Not sure if I've altered something accidentally (wouldn't be the first time!) but ever since the latest update (2.6.5.2) I can't get GSX to start by voice command.

That is, if I say "Cockpit to ground", there's no response and my words don't appear in the dialogue box top left.

I can start GSX using the Ctl+F12 keys and it then operates normally for push back etc.

Any ideas, please?

I've noticed this too! But due too lack of time couldn't t make another flight to see if it really was not working.

John Cramer

Thanks, starter, glad to know it's not just me!

I'm sure FS++ will be on to it shortly.

A340-4, I'm no expert, but I don't think yours is a MCE problem.

Any ideas, please?

Can you please re-download (Disregard website saying V2.6.5.2), it should be V2.6.5.3

It was uploaded at least 7 days ago after discovering something new was added to GSX, and also to accommodate users who disable almost all features and want to retain interaction with the mechanic and ramp agent (who knows, could have caused unintended side effects).

Check it out and confirm whether the issue is still there.

Sorry, Gerald, problem still there with V2.6.5.3 installed.

That is, MCE not recognising "Cockpit to ground".

Any other ideas, please?

I've been doing a few experiments with this problem which might be of interest:

(1) Reverted to MCE V2.6.4.8 and found problem still there.

(2) Replaced mce.ini with a back up copy taken on 19th Aug.  All now ok.

(3) Re-installed MCE V2.6.5.3 and problem back.

(4) Tried MCE2.6.5.3 with the 19th Aug mce.ini and all ok again.

Not being a computer expert, I'm not sure what this all means, but hopefully I've helped rather than confused everyone further !

I've been doing a few experiments with this problem which might be of interest:

(1) Reverted to MCE V2.6.4.8 and found problem still there.

(2) Replaced mce.ini with a back up copy taken on 19th Aug.  All now ok.

(3) Re-installed MCE V2.6.5.3 and problem back.

(4) Tried MCE2.6.5.3 with the 19th Aug mce.ini and all ok again.

Not being a computer expert, I'm not sure what this all means, but hopefully I've helped rather than confused everyone further !

Whenever you experience any issue with MCE, the first thing to do is restore to factory settings

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

It will give you a "mce.ini" with default settings that works for the vast majority of users, and more importantly in synch with most recent releases.

From time to time, new options get added.

These days, almost all options in mce.ini get updated via the user interface, except for the few undocumented ones.

If you have V2.6.53 installed, just do that (restore).

This will force you to go through the wizard thingy, however, there is no need for speech training every time you do that.

Then, download this small patch to move to V2.6.54 (replace "mce.exe" and all files in <CandC> folder).

http://www.multicrewxp.com/MCE-Patch-2654.zip

Patch above cannot be used for moving from earlier versions than 2.6.53

A new V26.54 package has already been uploaded

Thanks

Many thanks for your quick response.

Forgive me, but wouldn't it be easier to download and install V26.54 and then restore to factory settings, rather than risk getting something wrong with the patch.

Remember, I'm useless with computers!

Many thanks for your quick response.

Forgive me, but wouldn't it be easier to download and install V26.54 and then restore to factory settings, rather than risk getting something wrong with the patch.

Remember, I'm useless with computers!

Yes, if you don't mind downloading the whole pack, it's always better to do a full update.

And in your case restore to factory settings.

Success! :smile:

MCE 2653 operating properly with GSX after factory reset and wizard run through, so many thanks.

(Still getting localiser/glideslope call out problem previously reported in other thread.)

For some reason, V2654 zip does not extract properly and I would rather not risk the patch.

Is there anything in V2654 that is vital to me, please?

If not, I'll leave well enough alone!