Sign in to follow this  
RCITGuy

ATI Catalyst Control Centre 13.1?

So I have finally downloaded the ATI Catalyst Control Centre v13.1 software after being nagged by my current CCC, but havent installed it yet...

Has anybody else installed v13.1 yet and if so, did you find any improvement or things stayed the same/got worse?

Obviously NVidea card owners need not reply to this thread..

Yeah installed it a short while back.

I’m not the most technically inclined person so I can’t really speak about the facts and figures, but on the face of it there was very little or no difference.

No harm in installing it either, it had no adverse effects.

Let me know if you notice any improvements

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

It messed up my eyefinity configuration, i had to set it up again.

No performance differences.

Ian R Tyldesley

Hmm... I noticed when I upgraded from 10.x to 12.x mine kept crashing, yet when I did a fresh install of windows, and used the 12.x fresh, it was fine, but like others, I saw no performance improvement, although I'm still an FSX newbie who spends more time tweaking than flying at the moment..

Just wondering if its worth the risk of installing the new drivers...

Little voice in my head is saying "If it works, leave it alone" but that inner geek is screaming "DO IT! DO IT! You know you want to upgrade to the latest and greatest" :LMAO:

Worked fine for me. No real differences/improvements however, I would say that the colours seem more vibrant. I realise that is of course, subjective.

Almost makes me wonder "What the hell are these upgrades all for"... Like some kind of PC mind control update... OK, I seen too many movies :P

I should actually go checkout the release notes this time before upgrading willy nilly I guess... I always thought release notes were for chickens!

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystSoftwareSuiteVersion131.aspx

have 13.2 beta the clouds do not hurt me as much.

Nice... Care to expand on that with a bit more info?

I noticed zero differences with clouds I use the As2012 cloud set.

The updates are patches for (primarily) games that are less than 7 years old. I very much doubt that we will ever see driver improvements from either nvidia or ati were fsx is concerned, any improvements will be purely coincidental; of course a patch could also make things much worse.

Ian R Tyldesley

I'm not upgrading. It aint broke so I ain't fixing it... Time to fly :)

Ps my FSX is CPU limited not GPU

I'm not upgrading. It aint broke so I ain't fixing it... Time to fly :)

Ps my FSX is CPU limited not GPU

Exactly, agree 100%. Like Rolling Stone song, can't always get what you want, but try get what you need.

Yes, and yes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

New drivers crashed my sim. At least I hope that is what it was last weekend. I have not been around to roll back and test them again yet.

I wish we could start a petition or something to get them to look at supporting FSX again.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"