Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

New ORBX prices at FSS

Sheez another flaming duck post! LOL

Why do ducks have flat feet? - to stamp out forest fires.

Why do elephants have flat feet? - to stamp out flaming ducks. :)

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I agree with the feeling ORBX prices their airports too high. They're very fine pieces of work, but $33 for a tiny little field out in the middle of nowhere doesn't entice me. I can get a full blow international airport from the likes of FSDT, Flightbeam, or FlyTampa for that price.

Then they're obviously not targeted at you and wouldn't be worth much to you no matter what. But ya see, some of us WANT small to mid-size GA airports, not "full blow international". And BTW, many of them aren't exactly in the middle of nowhere - many are quite close to urban areas, they're just smaller fields. I wish someone else would step in for us GA folk and offer some competition, but right now Orbx is pretty much the only show in town for those who want a series of GA fields to fly to/from.

Scott

Then they're obviously not targeted at you and wouldn't be worth much to you no matter what. But ya see, some of us WANT small to mid-size GA airports, not "full blow international". And BTW, many of them aren't exactly in the middle of nowhere - many are quite close to urban areas, they're just smaller fields. I wish someone else would step in for us GA folk and offer some competition, but right now Orbx is pretty much the only show in town for those who want a series of GA fields to fly to/from.

Scott

I'm not saying I don't care for GA fields, I like a well-done GA field as much as the next guy. What I'm saying is the price for these fields produced by ORBX is disproportionate to those produced by the aforementioned other developers based solely on the scope of the projects. It's like Captain Sim or Carenado charging the same for one of their planes as PMDG does. Get my point?

It's like Captain Sim or Carenado charging the same for one of their planes as PMDG does. Get my point?

Sure. Your comment about small fields in the middle of nowhere made it sound like small GA wasn't your thing. Sorry if I came off as confrontational, as that's not what I was intending.

But put this way, I'd still disagree. For one thing, the difference really isn't in quality or depth (not a tube guy, but that's my impression of the difference between PMDG and say Captain Sim), it's more a matter of quantity or should I say size. Weighed against this, I'd point out that many Orbx fields offer large areas of annotated photo scenery surrounding them (think, PAKT, CZST, KJAC, KWYS, KSFF with all of Spokane...). Also consider that the market for an individual small field is arguably a lot smaller so prices are going to be higher.

And all that said, I will reiterate that a bit of healthy competition would be welcome. I truly wish there was someone else doing GA both to add to the numbers available and to spark some price competition. But no matter what, by definition most GA fields will be relatively obscure and won't generate the kind of excitement and associated sales that the next big mega-airport will. I would always expect to pay a somewhat disproportianate price for a GA gem.

Scott

KSFF is a particular piece of scenery that I will agree with you. The rest still feel small for the price, IMHO.

Prefer to buy the tiny fields in middle of Australia or Texas over big international airports. Obrx offers a good service. Too many companies remaking international airports anyways. Agree with ttocs statement.

Sheez another flaming duck post! LOL

Why do ducks have flat feet? - to stamp out forest fires.

Why do elephants have flat feet? - to stamp out flaming ducks. :)

Cheers

jja

bleuenflamme.gif

You just made my point Scott, I am not arguing with you on what JV said he would do and did, I'm just saying that JV could not use the word sale, no more sales mean no price change, prices go up and it's an increase, prices goes down and it's a decrease = sale, JV's use of words is just another way to mask the sale of his products at a discounted price.

Again, the ones buying his on sale products at a reduced price are the ones winning.

trappe.gif

Get over it mate. Move on and stop being so bloody bitter.

You'd think someone's come and kicked your dog and stolen your lollies.

Jas

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr