Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

New ORBX prices at FSS

Good news for all who enjoy ORBX airports and scenery add-ons.

New prices announced a while ago.

Previous Airports discounted around 24%. From 32.95 to 24.95 Australian Dollars

Previous Scenery Areas discounted around 39%. From 40.95 to 24.95 Australian Dollars

(numbers taken from the The FlightSimStore site)

If you are a senior >= 65 years old, you’ll sill get further discounts.

We have implemented lower prices at FSS and the Seniors Discount will still be applicable even to those new prices. We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to enjoy Orbx products especially those who are retired and need to count their pennies for their favourite hobby :smile:

Regards,

JV

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with the new EU airports coverage areas (~ 20 km2), but since I mostly fly North America this are good news to me, and hopefully for some of you.

Cheers.

The good ones are not on sale

Correction: The newer ones are not on sale, yet.

Anyway, I believe this price reduction is permanent.

I've I read somewhere that JV said that he will NOT have any future sales EVER...., what did I tell you...seriously...?

hypnotiseur-1.gif

Anyway, if you still are an Orbx fan this sale sound good...

for-santa.gif

everyday low price--nice. time to look at getting more pnw airports.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

The good ones are not on sale

There are many good ones e.g CZST wich is not even that old. Can't be any negative to say about reduced prices for these excelent addons.

Have all of them so I will not benefit much from this but this is certanly good news.

And I don't think this is a sale, I beleive they said that older products will become cheaper as time pass by or something like that...

I've I read somewhere that JV said that he will NOT have any future sales EVER...., what did I tell you...seriously...?

Selective memory, Alain. :-) From the get-go, it was said that legacy products would eventually see price reductions. They're doing exactly what they said they'd do.

Scott

Yes! Finally a sale on FTX regions. Now I can grab the remaining NA scenery and extend my flying beyond PNW.

Anyway, if you still are an Orbx fan this sale sound good...

Not a sale Alain... permanent price structure change as hinted at last year. Products are being dropped to a lower price level as they "mature." I know you don't go to the forums anymore but you'd probably really enjoy reading the discussion of this strategy - JV has been really forward with seeking input from the customer base.

I am so super excited about these price reductions. Great additional incentive to work super hard this year (promoting indie book is an entertaining challenge), and I am going to treat myself this summer with 3-4 orbx products from the price reduced catalog.

Thank You Orbx for this amazing news.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Guys, don't get me wrong here, I'm all for a price reduction, price structure change, step down, discounts, deductions, diminution, decrease, savings, because at the end it's more money in your pockets BUT a sale is a sale no matter how the seller(s) will try not to make it look like it's not....

http://dictionary.re...om/browse/sales

sale

/seɪl/ Show IPA

noun

1. the act of selling.

2. a quantity sold.

3. opportunity to sell; demand: slow sale.

4. a special disposal of goods, as at reduced prices.

5. transfer of property for money or credit.

6. an auction.

Idioms

7. for sale, offered to be sold; made available to purchasers.

8. on sale, able to be bought at reduced prices.

This is a permanent sale or a permanent price structure change = reductions = sales, JV can turn it around as much as he want to to make it look like it's NOT a sale but at the end it is, I understand his strategy as he can't use the word "sale" because he said he will never have another one.

Bottom line is that this sale is all good for Orbx customers.

Well at least the prices are starting to go in the rigtht direction and sometimes it pays to be a senior citizen to get the extra 20% off.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Orbx is a bottomless pit. 20% of is akin to giving free samples of (name your poison). I'm calling it a day and I'm going to spend more time flying, rather than gazing out of the window counting blades of grass.

Oh the aforementioned 'discussion' is more of a hallelujah chorus!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.