Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Tracker XP v2.0 (64 bit)

Guys,

I never spent money on TrackIr. Not that I wouldn't like to have one, but even the rudder pedals allways took me months to decide buying because it's

really the type of superfluous artifact IMHO...

Now, a simple webcam is something I might consider, and this Tracking software looks good, at least based on the videos I watched in Youtube.

Question: Are any of you using Tracker XP? Opinions?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I used the older version but found it pretty bad and nothing like the videos. I'm using a Macbook Pro with the built-in iSight camera, but I could never get it work well properly, it would jump all over the place, and also it was very easy to get it to crash. That being said, I'm curious how much better v2 is and will give it a try

:-( ok, thx anyway.... It's affordable at least, but if so limited / buggy, then better not try it ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

:-( ok, thx anyway.... It's affordable at least, but if so limited / buggy, then better not try it ....

There is a demo you can try.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Ok woweezowee (what a name :-)

Thx for the thumbs up! I'll by a web cam and try the demo, and will report back my opinion ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I've used it for well over a year. It works great for me. I had a little trouble at first setting it up but got help from STMA Bob himself who designed the program hooked up to me via skype and was able to help me with the jumping screen issue's. It was caused in my case by lighting issue's and a few objects in the background. It does take a little while to get used to and the more you use it and practice with it you will want to adjust the settings. Try the demo, if you have issue's contact Bob and he is always more then willing to help you set it up. I've never used Tracker ir so I can't give you a comparison except for the huge difference in price, but I really enjoy it and have since bought other products as well as planes from them. IMHO they have great products.

all the best,

Scot

Thx guys!

I will most certainly ive it a try. After all the demo being available is at least a good way to test!

TrackIr is out of question for me - I'm not rich..... ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

TrackIr is out of question for me - I'm not rich..... ;-)

Neither am I, but it's worth every penny, I tried the others. They work, but there no where near as smooth / precise as Trackir. If you can't purchase Trackir, then it really doesn't matter, use what you can afford and be happy. Trackir is definitely the best, but it comes at a price.

Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Neither am I, but it's worth every penny, I tried the others. They work, but there no where near as smooth / precise as Trackir. If you can't purchase Trackir, then it really doesn't matter, use what you can afford and be happy. Trackir is definitely the best, but it comes at a price.

Glen

Yes 100% agree Glen. In my opinion the TrackIR is the single best thing I have ever bought for the flight sim hobby. Although for some reason I still cant get it to work as well as I had it in FS2004. It was spot on in that software. But for some reason (and i'm certain it's something I haven't tweaked) I can't get it quite right in FSX or XP. Not sure why. Its a little difficult to describe what wrong, kind of a floating feeling sometimes, hmmm. BUT regardless its an absolute necessity for flight simmingnas long as you wrestle the credit card off the wife...until the Oculus Rift comes along.

kind of a floating feeling sometimes

That's a very good way of putting it. You do at times feel like your "floating" in the cockpit. I find I have to really tone down some of the settings to give a "heavier" feel to the view. I just lowered the curves for everything until I get what I like.

If not, it's kind of like being in a Zero g environment...floaty? You have to be careful though, lower them too much and you can really limit it's functionality.

Glen

I have both the hat clip, and pro clip, and do find the pro clip to be better with the active led's. It's definitely better during daytime flights, when the room is much brighter.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

If not, it's kind of like being in a Zero g environment...floaty?

Yes thats exactly it. Its a combination of things I think. I use the TIR4 hat clip (the wife thinks I look really stupid with my cap on!) with TIR5 software. I had a similar thing with the DCS world simulator that I had with FSX but then downloaded a profile (specifically for DCS) that one of the developer personally altered (he posted it on Eagle Dynamics forum for people to try) and it changed the operation completely. So I think its all about tweaking those parameters, one day I've just got to sit there and get my head around it....ouch, sorry for that terrible pun! But with XP its that floating/ zero G environment feeling, it definately isn't quite right. But to be honest I can live with it. Not using trackIR when simming in any platform, its just too much to give up, with or without the wife thinking I look silly!

Cheers

Rhydian

What makes it better than freetrack IR or freetrack noir?

Trackir works really well and across so many applications/games. Once you add the cost of the camera and the fact that you have to purchase this and it only works with xplane then I think trackir is an OK investment.

Of course if you have a camera and only use xplane then it is a lot cheaper than the trackir.

Have downloaded the demo waiting for amazon to deliver the camera.

Ok!

Looking forward for your report. I will hold on buying the webcam right away....

Main Simulation Rig: