Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

PMDG 747 - FSX automatic routes

Hello guys,

i just bought the PMDG 747 and i want to fly it with the automatic routes given by FSX (ATC indicates me turns, altitute, approach, ect). My question is: can i still fly this plane automatically?

What I am doing right now: I choose the 747 ,create a flight plan, IFR approach, and FSX generates me a route. So far good, but if i want to change the runway course, or ILS frequencies i dont know where and how to do it...

Thanks for the information!

cu

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Microsoft Flight Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Hello guys,

i just bought the PMDG 747 and i want to fly it with the automatic routes given by FSX (ATC indicates me turns, altitute, approach, ect). My question is: can i still fly this plane automatically?

What I am doing right now: I choose the 747 ,create a flight plan, IFR approach, and FSX generates me a route. So far good, but if i want to change the runway course, or ILS frequencies i dont know where and how to do it...

Thanks for the information!

cu

You need to read the manual, tutorial flight, and watch some youtube videos.

CU,

The PMDG has a flight computer FMC which must be programmed in order to have the autopilot fly a route. If you wish to have the default FSX ATC operative you need to also set up the route in the FSX

flight planner. Do the following:

I am assuming you are not using a route builder such as FS Commander or FSBuild to create and export the flight plan into the PMDG 747 FMC.

1. Create the flight route in FSX flight planner, and Print out the route.

2. Input the created route into the PMDG 747 FMC.

If you use a route builder, then have the route exported to

1. FSX

2. PMDG 747

The idea is to have the SAME ROUTE in the FSX flight planner AND ALSO in the FMC of the PMDG. This will permit you to have the FSX default ATC fly the route.

Stanner

hey guys one question: I want to fly from LFPG (Paris) to EHAM (Amsterdam), where I can find the route in order to enter this on the FMC? most of the tutorial I have checked they seem to have already this data...

thanks!

where did you get that route from? I used Routefinder and i got: LFPG SID NURMO UN874 VEKIN UN873 HELEN STAR EHAM

is it something to do with the search settings?

how would you enter this route in the FMC? will this go on the "to" column or on the "via"?

thanks!!

is it something to do with the search settings?

That seems to be a wrong route, TULSI is a waypoint in Bavaria if memory serves (I'm pretty sure about that, because it's one of the last waypoints the default FSX route planner gives me on flights from VIenna to Innsbruck), and AKANU is in Germany as well.

how would you enter this route in the FMC? will this go on the "to" column or on the "via"?

You would enter it this way: to NURMO (it should read DIRECT for now in the "via" section), to VEKIN via UN874, to HELEN via UN873. I'm not totally sure about the order, though, because it's been a while since I've been flying a Boeing. Then you go to the DEP/APPR page, and select a SID that fits your route (charts will be helpful here) as well as a STAR (again charts might be of help to select the right one). Please note that I might not be 100% right about the procedure of entering SIDs and STARs (for example on the MD-11 you have to select the last regular waypoint in order to insert a STAR) so it might differ a bit from what I wrote above, but that info should be in the manual.

Regards,

Flo

Wow, you are right, route is all wrong, I pasted wrong line here.

You can indeed use that routefinder route:

NURMO UN874 VEKIN UN873 HELEN

So in RTE page 1 you will enter dep and arr airports, your callsign optionally; then, you can jump quickly to dep/arr page, click to LFPG departure, and choose rwy and SID you want/need. If you done that correctly, when you go back to RTE page 2, first line is already filled - at left side there is SID and at the right side there is your first waypoint - NURMO. Then you just continue to enter your flight plan, left side for airways, right side for waypoints. When you finish, activate and then execute the rte. Thats all. :smile:

You'll get the most out of PMDG's product if you learn to operate the aircraft realistically. There's lots of great tutorials on youtube.

Wow, you are right, route is all wrong, I pasted wrong line here.

Your other route was removed as requested.

hello guys,

one question: I have the first waypoint given in my route Paris - Amsterdam. is NURMO. When i go to Departures and Arrivals and I choose the desired runway i see different SIDs options. Do I have to choose a certain one? or will they all take me to NURMO but on different ways?

Thanks have a nice day!

While it should be possible to use any SID, if your only goal is to reach the first waypoint of the actual flight plan, that is not how it's done. First of all you'll need the SID charts for your respective departure airport. If you have an addon for that airport, it is likely that those charts are included in the documentation ot that airport, otherwise there are some sites that provide them for free, or just search on Google for "*ICAO code* SID chart". Then you select the one that fits your flight plan best, taking into account the runway you will depart from.

The problems that can occur when you just insert any SID, can be that your aircraft is not able to "intercept" the SID course, because you don't depart from the correct RWY, or it can lead to very sharp/tight turns, and you will fly significantly longer than when on the correct SID.

In real life I think ATC will give you a SID at some point between IFR clearence delivery and take-off clearance.

And btw, it is even more important to choose the correct STAR, because others will not lead you to the correct RWY, and even make it impossible to intercept the LOC or G/S properly due to a very tight turn at rather high speeds.

Both wrongly chosen SIDs and STARs can also lead to "conflicts" with other traffic.

The easiest way is to go in dep/arr, choose LFPG departures, and then: first select runway you want to use, and then FMC will automatically filter all SIDs for that rwy, your job is just to find NURMO one (there may be more than one NURMO SID for the rwy, you may choose any of them).