Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emihol0710

Flight planning help

I create flightplans i FSbuild2 but I leave out the SID and the STAR, when I import them into the pmdg 737ngx I have a hard time finding the right SID and STAR, even though I find proper SIDs and STARs online on airport charts it almost allways screws up when I try to insert them in the FMC... Sometimes the FMC tells me to go around in circles around the arrival airport and stuff like that, please help me, it would be much appriciated!

After you load your sid or star into the FMC you can edit it. If a star has a hold (flying in circles) you can delete that portion from the FMC. You also need to delete flight plan discontinuities before the plane will follow the flight plan on autopilot. A sid my take you to a waypoint and from there you have to fly a heading to the next waypoint then after that fly NAV/Autopilot the rest of the way. The sid chart wil tell you this, but you have to read the chart. You can edit the flight plan so you can use NAV/Autopilot all the way, but you have to learn how to edit the flight plan and how to read the charts.

I do not have the PMDG NGX so I do not know how to delete flight plan entries from the FMC or add them or edit them. Go to the PMDG NGX forum on avsim and get more help there.