Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

GSX Issue

I purchased the FSDT GSX a long while back in July last year but as I had taken a sabbatical from FSX, I did not get arround to installing it until lately. Have activated it.

But when I come to customising an aircraft from the drop-down menu, a parked aircraft that I'm trying to customise goes into a slew mode. Is there a tutorial on how to set it up to provide ground services?

Any help appreciated.

There's several tutorials on YouTube. Here's one:

, Just do a search for gsx fsx tutorial.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

As always, you are the man to answer all issues. BTW, a belated Happy New Year to you. Being far away from my home base and FSX has kinda put me back in time.

Thanks for this,

Hi Jim

I'd a look at that YT clip you linked to, but all ist shows is what GSX is capable of. I could not see anything about a tutorial or something similar of how to set up,and why the aircraft slews off when trying to customise the doors, e.g. using an Arrow Cargo MD-11F which has a large cargo door to the left and a smaller one on the right, GSX only recognised them as pax doors which is why I was trying to use the 'Customise' feature.

have you posted your problem in the gsx forum, you would have this solved by now

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'd a look at that YT clip you linked to, but all ist shows is what GSX is capable of. I could not see anything about a tutorial or something similar of how to set up,and why the aircraft slews off when trying to customise the doors, e.g. using an Arrow Cargo MD-11F which has a large cargo door to the left and a smaller one on the right, GSX only recognised them as pax doors which is why I was trying to use the 'Customise' feature.

Hi Rick,

This is more of a technical issue and you should post your question on the FSDT GSX Forum. I don't have the aircraft you are referring to so I cannot try and duplicate. Looks like you're getting down to the nitty gritty of customizing your aircraft for GSX. I hope it is possible.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Currently GSX only supports cargo loading on the right side of an aircraft, so no loading your MD-11 in the left door yet. But they said this will be added in a future update.

As for using the graphical aircraft editor, have a read of the PDF manual that comes with GSX, as well as browse around on the official FSDT forum.

This is more of a technical issue

Hi Jim

Finally, without recourse to the GSX Forum, managed to configure GSX at KFLL and TNCM repectively, using the PMDG MD-11. Problem I had was with an Arrow Cargo plane who usually fly DC-10s but this was an MD-11F repaint without the PMDG innards, hence GSX could not recognise it. Am having great fun with GSX. A worthwhile investment I must say.

@Molleh

Thanks for your help too and suggestions.

Hi Rick,

That's strange GSX could not recognize your aircraft but glad you got it working. Totally agree with you regarding GSX. It's a great product. Just wish it would move the jetways like AES does.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Secrets to proper slewing...

Cut the in-sim speed down from 1.00 to .050 or .025. Hit the Pause key before going into slew mode. Make sure controllers are centered into their null zone. Disconnect rudder pedals, unless you like to go around in circles.

You can also edit the Standard.XML slew entries to slow things down.

Slewing in Top Down mode is exaggerated from the other view modes, so hang onto your hat, you'll be going for a ride...