Sign in to follow this  
rjfon1

Frameless Popups-Is it possible?

Good Morning all.

Brief question.

Is it possible to configure popup gauges to display without frames? If so, how?

There are programs out there that run without them, such as PM, and Jet45, but these are stand alone programs.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Rob.

If you run in full screen mode popups do not have frames.

If you run in windowed mode the have frames because they are seperate Windows.

I don't think there is anyway to change this behavior.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

If you fly fs9, you should try fs9 Toolbox v2, it has a specific feature for this need. It works even in windowed mode (useful if you have several monitors) but works for fs9 only.

If you want to have a look: http://emarciano.free.fr/fs9tbx2

Eric

if you have FSPanel Studio there maybe a function in there to be able to remove the "boarder" around the gauges. I fly FSX in windowed mode and NONE of my popup gauges have boarders showing. Just the gauge. This is for EVERY aircraft.

If you right click on the gauge, in Windowed mode, you can remove the check from"Undock Window" and the Window frame will go away.

Opening a saved flight file in Notepad I see there are several references for [Panel.n]. Each one has an "Undocked" parameter. Changing these entries from "False" to "True", or visa versa, in your default flight may give you what you want.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Everything that was written here is correct, but there is a situation where getting rid of the window borders is difficult. If you have several monitors and want to have a separate gauge on a second monitor, you have to undock it and the window frame appears. This is what fs9 Toolbox fetaure was designed for.

But if you fly on a single monitor, this feature is most probably useless.

Eric

I managed to create a pop-up panel without borders (without knwing what I was doing), one with a colour background and one with no background.
I did this inadvertently on my first attempt at mucking around with gauges.I downloaded the
Cessna 172 - digital engine panel for FIP (by Philippe Verhaege) from Avsim Library and have
reworked one of the gauges incorporating some warning lights as well..I used  Verhaege's background image as the basis for the gauge. Then I wondered if an FIP XML file can be reworked to display as a pop up gauge. Achieving the effect in the jpg attached required a minimal amount of info in the panel cfg.
[Window09]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
position=6
size_mm=308,242
visible=0
ident=11001
gauge00=TEST_Gauge!TEST_Gauge,   2, 2

...and no data at all in the TEST_Gauge.xml prior to the Elements other than-

<Gauge Name ="11001" Version="1.0">
        <Image Name="Test_Gauge_Background.bmp"/>

In panel.cfg, with BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0 this creates the transparency as Philippe Verhaege incorporated  a mask into his artwork (something I'm yet to work out) based on pure black. It seems to me that this approach would be the basis for a HUD display in the 2D cockpit. To get black background in the gauge the values just need to be slightly off pure black.
The white vertical line in the jpg image at r/h side is just where the background image size is slightly smaller than the panel allocated size.