Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Future PMDG Aircraft: More intensive on the CPU?

Personally, I don´t think the OP is bashing PMDG or their products. The NGX is the best designed aircraft created today for flight simulation. I have to agree that everyones system is different so that means everyones performance is also different. I find that the 747-400X performs better on my system than the NGX and Level-D even better. What I have noticed about the NGX performance compared to the other aircraft that I mentioned on my system is the framerate in forward view. I believe it has to do with the displays. Sideviews I have no problem just forward view. Framerate issues is clearly noticed on take-off roll and landing. This is where stutters comes in. On the 747 I get less stutters and on Level-D none at all.

I´m not a computer expert but, maybe my GPU, being that it´s an ATI card could be part of the reason. My FSX is most clean with excetion of a few addons. UTX USA and Europe, Ground Environment X USA and Eroupe, Ulitimate Traffic 2, Rex plus overdrive, and just recently purchased AS2012 2days ago. However, I did noticed lightly better performance with NGX using AS2012 than Rex. Like everyone else, I too am awaiting the T7 hoping it performs just as well as Level-d on my system.

My system...

Acer Aspire M7810 Core I7-860, Intel Core i7-860 Prozessor 4x 2,86 GHz mit Intel Turbo Boost bis zu 3,46 GHz, ATI Radeon HD 5970 Grafik mit 2GB DDR5 Speicher, 8 GB DDR3 Arbeitsspeicher, 2 TB Festplatte, Multiformat DL DVD Brenner, Gigabit LAN, Multi-in-1 Kartenleser, High Definition (7.1) Audio, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

George Clark

Personally, I don´t think the OP is bashing PMDG or their products.

And who did ever say that the OP bashed PMDG?

I am not the type of person to argue but these are your own words....

"Sounds to me that your just trying to bash PMDG products and maybe a little jealous that you can't run the NGX on X-plane yet...."

I was just making a small statement that I didn´t think he was bashing at all as I to have performance issues. Don´t take it the wrong way, I´m not angry. I´m a very friendly guy that enjoys the hobby as others. I admire the products produced by PMDG but, fact is not everyone has the same great or good performance with the NGX. I still fly it from time to time. The performance issue with me is not so bad that I would stop using it. I find it both fun and challenging at the same time. Bottom line for me is that I have to enjoy what I have. Upgrading is out of the questions for the next few years. I´m just satisfied that I´m able to fly.

I´m not a computer expert but, maybe my GPU, being that it´s an ATI card could be part of the reason. My FSX is most clean with excetion of a few addons. UTX USA and Europe, Ground Environment X USA and Eroupe, Ulitimate Traffic 2, Rex plus overdrive, and just recently purchased AS2012 2days ago. However, I did noticed lightly better performance with NGX using AS2012 than Rex. Like everyone else, I too am awaiting the T7 hoping it performs just as well as Level-d on my system.

My system...

Acer Aspire M7810 Core I7-860, Intel Core i7-860 Prozessor 4x 2,86 GHz mit Intel Turbo Boost bis zu 3,46 GHz, ATI Radeon HD 5970 Grafik mit 2GB DDR5 Speicher, 8 GB DDR3 Arbeitsspeicher, 2 TB Festplatte, Multiformat DL DVD Brenner, Gigabit LAN, Multi-in-1 Kartenleser, High Definition (7.1) Audio, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

George Clark

George: From what I have seen the NGX (and other add ons) can be sensitive to the eviorment. I think you have a good rig try to set up your plane somewhere and do not use the terraine and traffic add ons and see what happens.

Thanks,

Ron

I am not the type of person to argue but these are your own words....

"Sounds to me that your just trying to bash PMDG products and maybe a little jealous that you can't run the NGX on X-plane yet...."

I was just making a small statement that I didn´t think he was bashing at all as I to have performance issues. Don´t take it the wrong way, I´m not angry. I´m a very friendly guy that enjoys the hobby as others. I admire the products produced by PMDG but, fact is not everyone has the same great or good performance with the NGX. I still fly it from time to time. The performance issue with me is not so bad that I would stop using it. I find it both fun and challenging at the same time. Bottom line for me is that I have to enjoy what I have. Upgrading is out of the questions for the next few years. I´m just satisfied that I´m able to fly.

That statement wasn't for to the OP but aimed at FIVE-BY-FIVE, please read post before assuming things. I didn't quote the OP but FIVE-BY-FIVE

This is what I tought sounded like bashing or atleast a bit unfair

I think on release day, the avsim forums are going to be crowded with complaints about bugs/fps/stutters and OOM issues. There is no way this 777 is going to get along with Large payware airports/Orbx/weather addons and other products.

well, I guess they are not going to advertise that it's bad on fps :lol: it's all about $$$$. No dev is honest before release,

I'm not sure if this thread is serious or just a round about way of bashing PMDG. The op clocked back his cpu which as every serious fsx user knows is the limiting componant. if you clock back your CPU then your whole machine suffers - the data being fed to your graphics card is coming from the CPU what do you think would happen if you clocked back the CPU?.

Now onto the point of PMDG's statement of performance. How can PMDG possibly know how each aircraft will perform on a given users machine?. they can only comment on what they are seing on THIER machines, this is without taking into account the changes made to opperating systems over the years,(we were all on xp when the 747x came out) drivers, direct x, .NET the list is endless so comparing 2 peices of software with 5 years in between realease dates is obsurd - even if produced in the same software house  

Also you have to understand the tools and software used to produce these airliners has changed enourmously since the 747x was released, i mean i was using 3ds max 9 back then, we are now on max2013 (im not going into the differences between max versions - but there are many)

Finnally clocking back your cpu( the main limiting factor in FSX and THE single componant that feeds everything else in your entire machine) and then questioning PMDG's word and integrity which as we can all agree has been exemplary over the years smells a little bit fishy and does not sit well with me.

there is obviously an ulterior motive to this that the op is not letting on as a little bit of research (or even a simple google) would have answered his concerns regarding the fps drop.

sorry if this post appears as an attack but im really struggling to understand the actual motive.

I'm not sure if this thread is serious or just a round about way of bashing PMDG. The op clocked back his cpu which as every serious fsx user knows is the limiting componant. if you clock back your CPU then your whole machine suffers - the data being fed to your graphics card is coming from the CPU what do you think would happen if you clocked back the CPU?.

Now onto the point of PMDG's statement of performance. How can PMDG possibly know how each aircraft will perform on a given users machine?. they can only comment on what they are seing on THIER machines, this is without taking into account the changes made to opperating systems over the years,(we were all on xp when the 747x came out) drivers, direct x, .NET the list is endless so comparing 2 peices of software with 5 years in between realease dates is obsurd - even if produced in the same software house  

Also you have to understand the tools and software used to produce these airliners has changed enourmously since the 747x was released, i mean i was using 3ds max 9 back then, we are now on max2013 (im not going into the differences between max versions - but there are many)

Finnally clocking back your cpu( the main limiting factor in FSX and THE single componant that feeds everything else in your entire machine) and then questioning PMDG's word and integrity which as we can all agree has been exemplary over the years smells a little bit fishy and does not sit well with me.

there is obviously an ulterior motive to this that the op is not letting on as a little bit of research (or even a simple google) would have answered his concerns regarding the fps drop.

sorry if this post appears as an attack but im really struggling to understand the actual motive.

I think you have missed my point, I am in no way bashing PMDG products, I support them 100%, I am proud of the work they do and the community that supports them. 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I think as soon as PMDG switches to X-Plane, i will switch too. This is ridiculous.. i have a laptop with an i7 3720QM from 2.6 to 3.6 GHZ and i cannot turn everything on high except i want to have 10 or less frames. All my sliders are low-medium and i do have all those tweaks. Okay, like i said, its a laptop,.. but should that be so much of a problem? 16GB Ram and a Geforce GTX 675M should do the job together with my CPU. X-Plane on high details just runs fine as far as i could see (tested it only for a few minutes).

I would think they , PMDG, learns from every previous release and puts that knowledge to use. It my opinion if you dont have the computer to be running high level detailed addons, well, you don't. Its unfortunate for some but that's life I reckon.

Rendi hit the point precisely. 

Alex's post is constructed out of his own incorrect understanding of how software is developed.  He seems to presume that software expands and consumes more resources- but he ignores the fact that as developers we work to reduce processor workload through efficiencies and adanced techniques.

The issue with FSX is always draw-calls.  The 744 brings FSX to it's knees because we did not appreciate the importance of draw-call control during that development cycle.  Remember, we decided to throw out the code base upon which the 744 was built in order to clean-build the NGX.  We did this because the structure that was used to create the MD-11 and the 744 was originally created with the NG1.0 for FS2002, and it is a case study in poor design and inneficiency compared to the code structure we use to run he NGX.

The NGX does a significantly better job of draw-call control, thus allowing us to do significantly more with the product.

The 777 takes the NGX and enhances it further, as we continue to find efifciencies and refind draw-call control...   Ye, we add functionality at the same time- but the goal is to keep it a zero sum game at the worst.

At the end of the day, the user's decisions on what addons to install has a larger impact on system performance than anything we do internally.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Well I "Love" the NGX and don't fly anything else, I also use FS2Crew Emergency, ProATC, Opus, FS Captain. And, I run in DX10 and it's as smooth as silk.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!