Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

New MD-11 pilot

Hello MD-11 pilots, I finally join the team!  I have been doing some walk around, awesome, perfect, I am speechless...I am sure you all understand. Thank you PMDG for an excellent rendition of this majestic aircraft.

This is my very first screenshot, from my home town airport: Milan Malpensa. I am just proud of it!!

Enrico  :italia-flag:

md11azcargo.png

Welcome to the tri-jet club Enrico.  I enjoy the MD-11 just as much if not more than the 747-400.  It's a joy to fly and every time I deploy the landing gear and get her down on the ground it's always a great sense of satisfaction.

Chris Sunseri

Welcome to the MD-11, my favorite aircraft in FSX :) I love the Alitalia cargo livery. Flying cargo is my thing as well :)

Hi guys and thank you all for your warm welcome, it feels nice to be part of this club. This is my first liner, I am into the "Heavies"  and long flights. Tomorrow I'll start studying for the type rating. Tonight I skimmed through all the documents and perf charts, the documentation is just staggering, the PMDG team has really done an awesome job. I was expecting nothing less from PMDG, but still, they amazed me. These guys know what they are doing; before taking the leap, I read many threads in here, watched many youtube videos, asked around, did some reasearch on my own, the more I found out, the more I felt like the MD-11 was what I was after. Well, I could not be happier, have a good week end everyone, happy skies!

Enrico :smile2:

Just a Fast update For you

Do you Fly on IVAO ??

if so there is an event from LPPR to LIPZ

bring this Beautiful Bird and lets Fly

You will see me there here is the LINK

http://www.ivao.pt/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150&Itemid=366

and you can be very Proud flying back to you Home Land :) :) see you there

When you will be familiar with the beast give a try to the FS2Crew MD11. By now it's only the button version but it's not impossible there will be a voice version someday !

Btw, I came back to the MD11, I understood quickly I must practice again some manual landing ;-) Definitively not like the other birds !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just a Fast update For you

Do you Fly on IVAO ??

if so there is an event from LPPR to LIPZ

bring this Beautiful Bird and lets Fly

You will see me there here is the LINK

http://www.ivao.pt/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150&Itemid=366

and you can be very Proud flying back to you Home Land :) :) see you there

Hello al1234, yes, I fly on IVAO, I am also a trainer for VFR there. Now, your invitation is wellcome but i honestrly do not see myself flying on IVAO with this awesome bird for a few months; I have to go through all the documents, tutorials, and whatnot, be able to fly a flew flights from start up and push back, to parking with confidence, this is a complex aircraft, and that's exactly why i bought it. You'll see me on IVAO, though, with my default Baron58, doing my IFR flights, preparing for my SPP exam...non exactly the same thing, but that's what I fly to try and learn all the IFR procedures there are, and it is still fun. I appreciate the headsup!

Enrico :p0504:

When you will be familiar with the beast give a try to the FS2Crew MD11. By now it's only the button version but it's not impossible there will be a voice version someday !

Btw, I came back to the MD11, I understood quickly I must practice again some manual landing ;-) Definitively not like the other birds !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Hello Richard, I am going to get the FS2Crew MD 11 add on, no doubt about it. As a matter of fact, I have already visited the website....lo...., and I  was very excited when I discovered the MD 11 edition is there...mine!! This is gonna be interesting....great combo: MD-11 and FS2Crew, I think I set myself up for quite some fun in the next few months, by the way, thanks for the suggestion, and have a great week!

Enrico :wink:

Ok Enrico

I did not know that you are still fresh with this Aircraft

I thought you have already went through the tutorial and have some flying hours

Thats ok i was there it was really Fun , ATC was up and running all the way and they were all PRO's and Nice it was a Very Nice event ,, It was so Crowded looking out from my Cockpit i had an Aircraft Pass me going the other direction just 500 Feet above me :) , it was an amazing View ..

The other thing is i Know nothing about VFR's i only do IFR's :)

Talk to you later

Hello Richard, I am going to get the FS2Crew MD 11 add on, no doubt about it. As a matter of fact, I have already visited the website....lo...., and I  was very excited when I discovered the MD 11 edition is there...mine!! This is gonna be interesting....great combo: MD-11 and FS2Crew, I think I set myself up for quite some fun in the next few months, by the way, thanks for the suggestion, and have a great week!

You're welcome. Don't forget the beginning and advanced tutorial here : http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html . In the advanced tuto there is the VOR 13L approach at JFK, very hot !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hi Enrico,

I added checklist from PMDG for MD-11 on my website  http://www.checkplane.com. Look in Jet Airliners type. 

Here an excellent fuel calculator for MD-11 Passenger or Freighter :  http://fuel.cwsurf.de/

Good flight!

Pierre

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

Ok Enrico

I did not know that you are still fresh with this Aircraft

I thought you have already went through the tutorial and have some flying hours

Thats ok i was there it was really Fun , ATC was up and running all the way and they were all PRO's and Nice it was a Very Nice event ,, It was so Crowded looking out from my Cockpit i had an Aircraft Pass me going the other direction just 500 Feet above me :) , it was an amazing View ..

The other thing is i Know nothing about VFR's i only do IFR's :)

Talk to you later

Hi al1234,

I know what you are talking about. I happens to me when I fly around with my Baron, and I cross an airspace busy with liners over my head, lots of coverage as well, mainly on the week ends, it is really something...but I have to admit with an MD-11 it has got to be something else, happy to hear you had a great time! I'll get there, in due time. Up until now I had to study for my VFR, and now I have the responsibility for my school to draft the new VFR program for our trainees, which I am almost done with. Next....the beast!!

You're welcome. Don't forget the beginning and advanced tutorial here : http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html . In the advanced tuto there is the VOR 13L approach at JFK, very hot !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Hello Richard, I saw the advanced  tutorial on the PMDG website, these guys really live up to their name. There is not one thing that I can complaint about them, at least so far, since I am a brand new PMDG pilot. You know the feeling, when after looking around and asking, you make that final decision, and the next day, when you wake up, you are still convinced about that decision? Well, this is one of those times...thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Enrico :cool:

Enrico