Sign in to follow this  
FS Hub

New PMDG B777 cockpit picture

The process for getting images into the forum is significantly more work than Facebook is, to be honest.

Facebook:

Upload images - single or bulk.

Done.

Forum:

Upload images to hosting (picasa/flickr/etc)

Copy link(s).

Go to forum.

Write message.

Link to picture(s).

Post.

To be honest, I don't blame them.

Plus, how many threads have we already seen repeating the information?  They don't have to repeat it here.  Other members already are.

Kyle Rodgers

Are we still talking about this??

I know seriously.

The only thing that should be said to PMDG is thanks for the new screen shot! I swear, they're dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.

Thanks PMDG, looks brilliant! Also, thanks Steven (OP) for posting in the forums).

I swear, they're dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.

Which is - I'm sure - why they don't release posts as much as they used to.

Kyle Rodgers

Which is - I'm sure - why they don't release posts as much as they used to.

Agreed. That and probably exhausted from burning the midnight oil. One day us patient folk will be pleasantly surprised!!

http://www.facebook.com/pmdgsimulations  - bookmark that.

I don't think that's very hard. (it's also what my signature image links to) 

I know you won't believe this but before we had a Facebook page we requests every day to make one - now that we do and use it, people say we shouldn't have one.

Ryan you ever get the feeling that you just can't win.. :smile:

steve

Now i'm doing something while waiting for the 777.i Redownloaded the 747X.

so between the NGX and the 747X i've got myself a very nice setup.no stress for me i could just use these two for the next ten Years :smile:

steve

The process for getting images into the forum is significantly more work than Facebook is, to be honest.

Forum:

Upload images to hosting (picasa/flickr/etc)

Copy link(s).

Go to forum.

Write message.

Link to picture(s).

Post.

Can't one upload images directly via the More Reply Options function when replying?

Nice picture. Crazy thread.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Gents-

Vin updated our primary image on facebook a few days ago- and it triggered a hysterically funny discussion about whether the 320' displayed on the standby altimeter was supposed to be a hidden message that we are releasing on 20MAR13...

So we decided it would be funny to post a picture with some fictional STATUS and ADVISORY messages as humorous reply.

I know it irks a few folks when we demonstrate that we DO have a sense of humor- but heck...  We have to have some fun, too!

Now- on the topic of facebook- there seems to be some undercurrent of misinformation that we magically decided to provide updates via facebook and not here.

That undercurrent is inaccurate.

We have been maintaining a direct relationship with all of you here since 1999...  This forum is and remains our primary method of communicating information to you.

Occasionally we update the facebook page to keep it fresh because there is a portion of our customer base that likes to catch up with us through that venue. 

We do not have an official policy about updating one location or the other, but these two platforms serve significantly different purposes- and worrying about whether we update one vs. the other is....well... silly.

So please- don't worry...  What goes up in one place will make it to the other...  but sometimes we post stuff in one place that doesn't migrate because it is related to the content of that location.  Check one location, check both...  The freedom to choose is entirely yours!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

Vin updated our primary ima..

So Rob, what kind of spacing between these 'prerelease previews' can we exactly expect? Days, Weeks, Months? Never been through one of your releases - so knowing what to expect is somewhat little.

Cheers. 

So Rob, what kind of spacing between these 'prerelease previews' can we exactly expect? Days, Weeks, Months? Never been through one of your releases - so knowing what to expect is somewhat little.

It's all based on how much progress was made over those days.  You can't really nail it down to days, weeks or months.  If they make a jump in progress in a week, then you'll see an update.  If they're stifled for a month, well, then you get an update in a month.  Sometimes it's a lot of pictures, other times, it's a bunch written technical grit.

So, in the wise words of Dalton:

3817875_std.jpg

"Expect the unexpected."

(If that's lost on you, go digging through some late 80s movie archives)

Kyle Rodgers