Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

suggestion for new purchase

hello ppl,

finally after some hours of flying, now i can master the default 737.

so, it is becoming a little bit "boring", and i was thinking moving to some of the 737 pay addons.

i've found 3 main producer:

1 wilco pilot in command 737

2 ifly 737 ng

3 pmdg 737

wilco is no good couse is not dx10 capable and i do not want to go back dx9 (i've spent months tweaking and modding dx shaders and now is quite perfect on my pc)

so, ifly or pmdg?

i do not want an extremely realistic and complex challenge. i just want to have a little bit more fun.

from what i've heard pmdg is extremely hard and complex to manage (and fps killer too).

is the ifly a little bit easier to fly than pmdg?

thanks!

Ifly is probably as complex as ngx, just lacking bunch of nice extra details. Both aircraft are extremely realistic and complex, so you need same set of skills to fly NGX and Ifly.

i do not want an extremely realistic and complex challenge. i just want to have a little bit more fun.

Keep  gettin "fun" with default then... FSX or FS9 is not a game.. where you have to get more points..  is a SIMULATOR......  if You want challenge to learn.. so get the PMDG.. not a doubt at all....

Menduco

I can't speak for the PMDG NGX, since I don't have it, but I have the iFly 737, and I like it. Regarding the complexity it is probably similar to the NGX, but the level of detail might not be so high on the iFly(e.g. the NGX has a HUD in every model IIRC, but the iFly has it only in the BBJ models).

One advantage of the iFly is that it features all th eavailable 737NG models(that is 736, 737, 738, 739, BBJ1, BBJ2 and BBJ3) for about the price of the NGX base pack.

Just a few notes, because you mention the Wilco airplane, though you made it clear that it is not your preferred choice: First of all, the Wilco 737PIC is the Classic (733, 734, 735), not the NGX, and it is probably less complex (still you have to learn some things, though). Its model is outdated, and there are some other guys working on a 737Classic, that looks way better.

Flo

thanks for the replies.

by the way i know fsx is not definetely a game, and as i said it took me months over months just to learn the 'poor' default 737, reading tutorials, understanding VORs, landing ILS, and so on.

for "fun" i did not mean that gamepad frenetic aim and shot kind of "fun".........

i was simply wondering if there is something in the middle between default 737 and supersophisticated ifly and pmdg.

thats all.

took me months over months just to learn the 'poor' default 737, reading tutorials, understanding VORs, landing ILS, and so on.

Okay going by your comment here saying it took you months and months to fly the default 737, than learning the payware 737 being the ifly or the ngx will take you longer still. This being said it well worth the effort once you have mastered it. There are other payware aircraft that are around that are not as complex as the ngx being the qw146 which is a good aircraft to learn.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I went straight into the PMDG 737 using their excellent tutorials and got flying right away.

thanks for the replies.

by the way i know fsx is not definetely a game, and as i said it took me months over months just to learn the 'poor' default 737, reading tutorials, understanding VORs, landing ILS, and so on.

for "fun" i did not mean that gamepad frenetic aim and shot kind of "fun".........

i was simply wondering if there is something in the middle between default 737 and supersophisticated ifly and pmdg.

thats all.

The middle seems to me to be the middle of nothing. One day you'll be sorry for the money you spent "in the middle".

Spend money for the high-end; you will not regret it. Those two 737NGX can even quickly be preflighted and be flown by standard procedures.

You don't need to turn failures/emergencies on - but maybe some time in the future you want to.

You don't need to do much of those weight&balance/fuel calculations before starting your flight (lots of "cheats" are at your disposal) - but, again, maybe some day you want to.

So go for the real thing: Both, iFly and PMDG, are great and as complex as you like them. Real differences are rather small (both "camps" like to exaggerate a tiny, little bit now and then ...).

I prefer the PMDG, but it's actually a small difference to me and you may find a detail on the iFly that attracts you more.

You won't be wrong with any of those birds, but: you really should go for one of THESE birds - not for the middle ...

PMDG is the Standard. The 737 NGX is simply a work of art! I'm a 737 mechanic with Run/Taxi certification on the type an can tell you its about as real as it gets in the world of flight simulation. With that said, Take time to learn the systems (especially the FMS) and your sim experience will be far more rewarding. Good luck!

ok, i think i have found my "middle".

http://www.justflight.com/product/737-professional-download

i think once i master this, maybe then i can fly a NGX.

Try the demo(!!!) first:

It's a -200, older than the -600/.../-900's we'd been talking about. Less modern, less automated, so ...more demanding ...

Alberto,

Are you definitely sure you want to be flying the 737 - there are also plenty of other aircraft that have much more complexity than the default aircraft, yet aren't as complex as the 737.

I myself started off with aircraft like the Jetstream 41, Flight1 Mustang etc...

In fact the mustang is a great example of an aircraft for getting to grips with flying IFR procedures, but without the complexity - it has a very detailed G1000 system, but is by no means a full FMS. The Eaglesoft Citation X v2 is also very good, I'd reckon that one is of middling complexity. The FMS is fully featured, but the systems of the aircraft itself are relatively simple to master, however it can be a bit of a handful to fly at times, especially in a crosswind!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Might I, in that case, suggest the QW757? Pretty simple, but still noticably more complex than the default aircraft. One of the planes I started with when I got more into simming.