Sign in to follow this  
Goof

So, what do we get with the Initial Release?

Hey guys. One thing, that drives me crazy since the product page is released.

Unbenannt.PNG

Somehow i am a bit confused. First statement (back in march 2012) was that we get the 772LR and 773ER as initial release, then Ryan and Robert said that we will only get the 777-200LR as base, then the 300ER as expansion and later on the Freighter and maybe the 200/300/200ER

Now, one year later, we can see the product page and it says we get the 772LR and the 777F? Could someone of the PMDG-Team confirm that?

Thanks in advance :) Looking forward to the release which hopefully is as soon as possible.

regards,

Alexander Marx

Hey guys. One thing, that drives me crazy since the product page is released.

Unbenannt.PNG

Somehow i am a bit confused. First statement (back in march 2012) was that we get the 772LR and 773ER as initial release, then Ryan and Robert said that we will only get the 777-200LR as base, then the 300ER as expansion and later on the Freighter and maybe the 200/300/200ER

Now, one year later, we can see the product page and it says we get the 772LR and the 777F? Could someone of the PMDG-Team confirm that?

Thanks in advance :) Looking forward to the release which hopefully is as soon as possible.

If you take one more time pictures (see link in the source code from your post) from our site, please link to the entire article or give a source. Thank you!

full Article

Kind regards

Kirk

Sure hope the initial release comes with the freighter version.  That's the one that will keep me the busiest.

Chris Sunseri

-200ER and F. Wow, that would be awesome.

Mark   CYYZ      

I was not really interested in 200LR, and contemplated waiting for 200ER (hoping that I would not have to shed for the one variant I did not want in order to enjoy all the others), but throwing in a freighter means I will prolly get it.

If you take one more time pictures (see link in the source code from your post) from our site, please link to the entire article or give a source. Thank you!

full Article

Kind regards

Kirk

Ah sorry Kirk, of ourse you are right! Next time i will do that. (Nich übel nehmen ;) )

regards,

Alexander Marx

I was somewhat surprised to see the Freighter with the LR yesterday. However thenagain it does make somewhat sense if you look at the other heavy releases, 747 & MD-11 both come with a freighter version. I wouldn't have bought the freighter if it had been an expansion.

I'm surprised there's been no word after that going up, would have thought prices and maybe release estimate would be announced. Maybe they really are just going to release it with an announcement saying so. Since the entire development has been different, why not switch up the release.

After all, i wouldn't be surprised if we could fly it tomorrow lol. I guess Robert will talk to us by the end of the weekend. Someone is going on there behind the scenes :D

regards,

Alexander Marx

why not switch up the release.

I actually think they are doing it this way. With the NGX, there was a tremendous amount of hype and teasing but with the T7 it has been a few brief updates, screenshots and the webpage... I still have my doubts though. - This just doesn't seem like PMDG to suddenly build up release anticipation.....

I was somewhat surprised to see the Freighter with the LR yesterday

Can we expect you to log any time on the F version or are you a pax only guy Luke?

Chris Sunseri

Can we expect you to log any time on the F version or are you a pax only guy Luke?

Yes definitely! One of my favourite liveries on the B777 in general is FedEx. So I have a lot of those flights already in mind. Never flown a freighter in FSX so it's exciting - however for the first part I'll be in the LR mostly. What about yourself?

A hunch....

The reasons why we get the 777 200LR & 777F first is because they share the same engine & wing/fuel tank configuration....simple as that.

Other variants including the various engine & fuel tank configurations could then follow. 

E.G.

The 300ER & 300ER(ULR) have exactly the same fuel tank configuration & capacity as the 200LR/F but different engine variations.

The 200ER & 300 have exactly the same fuel tank configuration as both of the the above but a smaller overall fuel tank capacity with different engine variations.

The 200 has a different fuel tank configuration to all the above, a smaller overall fuel tank capacity & further differing engine variations.

It's probably linked to modularity & getting the systems simulation in the right place & correct.

Then add into the mix all the differing performance characteristics of each configuration...to crunch these numbers will burn the midnight oil...hence my hunch that we will get the most closely matching configurations initially followed up by subtle variations.  So it is probably therefore easier top 'tool up' to the 200ER & 300 series from the base 200LR/777F from a systems simulation perspective.

The 200 base model....though very popular...does contain some significantly different design/system characteristics with regard to the central wing box & fuel tank systems so don't hold you breath.  I am sure that if they can find a way to model this variant correctly they will.

Right...I am out of 'Dodge' before I need to re-apply anti-flash burn cream...I can already feel the flames flickering as they radiate from ever so many sweaty/clammy teenage hands tapping out frantically misspelt words & phrases on keyboards as the same sit ever so fearlessly behind their computer screens in darkened rooms somewhere out there in cyber space.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

The 200LR, 777F and the 300ER actually all share the same engines Steve - GE90-110B/115B

The silence is broken.... :lol: