Sign in to follow this  
Sjurd Vrancken

Green screen.

Hello Pilots!

I've a little issue with my airplane.

I can't find the correct name of the screen. But it is the green screen above the captain's head. And you can pull it down and you can use it for the landen and take off. It shows your speed, height. it lines up with the runway and stuff...

When i pull this screen down it don't work properly... The screens is showing the information that it should be. But its not infront of me... Its like of the screen is totaly in a wrong position xD Its not right infront of me..

Can anyone help me?

kind regrads

That "screen" is called HUD (Head Up Display) or HUGS (Head Up Guidance System). The image you see at the projection glass is projected into infinity, so you can see the projected image only if you are sitting in proper position. In other words use key commands to adjust your seating position:

CTRL + ENTER/BACKSPACE

SHIFT + ENTER/BACKSPACE

CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER/BACKSPACE

CTRL + SPACE will move you back at default position.

Thats standard texture set you get when you buy NGX. I think at that video you can see effect of ENB HDR postprocessing tool for FSX you can find at google.

I have a few liveries on my pmdg 737NG default, ryanair, transavia, american airlines... But all the same type. But in some liveries my Head Up Display isnt there? Is this a kinda bug, or do i need to use a command?

2nd question, When i'm landing on the runway my autopilot says 50...40..30 etc... But is their any chance i can raise that volume? I tried already some things in the settings from FSX but its still very quiet 

You can find all answers in NGX introduction.pdf document you can find in start menu>PMDG Simulations>PMDG 737NGX.

Basically, every livery can be adjusted with several options; HUD is one of that options. YOu can read more at page 54 of NGX introduction document.

I don't think there is solution for your sound issue other than to open sound files via some editing software and edit it.

There is sound volume to be set in CDU. Read the introductory manual, really. 

In his particular case, he will need to lower the other volumes and leave the GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System - the altitude callouts) at 100%. By default I think everything is set to 100% volume.

in regards to the HUGS/HUD - Not all airlines have these installed on their aircraft, this is why some repaints wont have it there. Some airlines have a mechanical set of 3 standby instruments and others have a single digital instrument - also an option that is embedded into many repaints. Some 737's even have little windows above the pilots heads so they can see out to the horizon in the direction of a 30 degree bank turn. Again an option embedded in several repaints.