Why don't airlines use the LR?

Learnt a lot here,

Question, 

Can Airliners still buy the 200ER? I haven't seen any deliveries for the while,

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Good question Alex.

I think you can buy the 200ER still. It's just that most airlines buying new would rather have the 300ER if they're spending the money on new I guess.

The 200ER model you'd be buying now is the B version as opposed to the earlier A version.

It went

200ER(A)

200ER( B )

If I'm my mistaken.

Lee

Good question Alex. I think you can buy the 200ER still. It's just that most airlines buying new would rather have the 300ER if they're spending the money on new I guess. The 200ER model you'd be buying now is the B version as opposed to the earlier A version. It went 200 200ER(A) 200ER( B ) If I'm my mistaken. Lee

Yep basically right mate, 

I just love the 200er, always will, maybe because of the airlines that use it, but I prefer the -200 to the -300 model.

Alex Ridge

I agree with leeL here, the -200ER I am pretty sure is still in production, its just that for almost the same range and half the pax of the -300ER it isnt very economical. It was great when it came out, but now the -300ER, and -200LR have more use for the types of routes being flown with the T7. That being said, the -300ER is still much more popular than the -200LR. 

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

Good question Alex. I think you can buy the 200ER still. It's just that most airlines buying new would rather have the 300ER if they're spending the money on new I guess. The 200ER model you'd be buying now is the B version as opposed to the earlier A version. It went 200 200ER(A) 200ER( B ) If I'm my mistaken. Lee
Yep basically right mate, I just love the 200er, always will, maybe because of the airlines that use it, but I prefer the -200 to the -300 model.
Yeah I agree with you there Alex.

As pointed out the -200LR is really a -200/-200ER with extra fuel tanks;

There are several important differences between the -200LR and the -200/-200ER, they are very different airplanes. The -200LR is somewhat similar to the 777F, but not with the -200/-200ER.
Indeed and far more important than the aux tanks were the increased thrust engines. They enabled the 777 to takeoff with the fuel and payload the wing was already capable of.

The 777-300ER competes with the A340-600 and the 777-200LR competes with the A340-500. The aircraft carry a similar load over a similar range but crucially the 777 burns about 20% less fuel to do so.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Indeed and far more important than the aux tanks were the increased thrust engines. They enabled the 777 to takeoff with the fuel and payload the wing was already capable of.

I would say that even more important that the engines is the wing itself... The -200LR and the 777F has basically the same fuselage of the -200 series but with the -300ER wing... That is the main difference, but there are of course many more...

Cristian Caicedo

Yes, and as much as I hate to admit it, it will probably do better than the 787 in selling, but it does lack the range and pax capacity I think. Also, who wants to see those ugly winglets? god they are hideous. Also, as a major point, because Airbus took the lithium ion batteries out, that does cut into those fuel savings and economics they wanted by adding the extra weight, plus the extra batteries because NiCad are so much less inefficient than the Lithium ones.

Haha. I have alot of admiration for Emirates, they have probably the newest fleet, they are always expanding and looking for new options and they give alot of money to Boeing. I love the fact that they buy new aircraft so often, and have hundreds on order at almost any point in time. I sometimes wonder where all that money comes from....777's ain't cheap!

They happened to operate from an area with vast expanses of natural resources.. All right for some.....

Alex Ridge

I would say that even more important that the engines is the wing itself... The -200LR and the 777F has basically the same fuselage of the -200 series but with the -300ER wing... That is the main difference, but there are of course many more...

The raked wingtips add a few percent more efficiency but the increased thrust enables the aircraft to get off the ground with that combination of fuel load and payload.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The raked wingtips add a few percent more efficiency but the increased thrust enables the aircraft to get off the ground with that combination of fuel load and payload.

That is true, I tried once to make my own sim 777 with flightsikm designer, and I did the whole thing then used the data for the regular engines on the 777-200ER and when I went to go fly it the thing wouldnt budge off the ground. Of course it couldve just been me......

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

Learnt a lot here,

Question, 

Can Airliners still buy the 200ER? I haven't seen any deliveries for the while,

Alex

All 777 models are still available for sale, however I don't see many -200/-300 base models selling much anymore.  Boeing's website order/deliveries report page says, unfilled means in the queue to be built but not yet delivered...

-200ER      422 Ordered  418 Delivered  4 Unfilled

-200LR      58 Ordered  55 Delivered 3 Unfilled

-300ER      687 Ordered 384 Delivered 303 Unfilled

777F          127 Ordered 74 Delivered 53 Unfilled

Emirates has not officially committed to the 777X, number one reason is Boeing's board has not offered for sale.  That is expected soon, I would expect to see massive order by Emirates at Paris Airshow this year.  News reports are they will order 100 of them worth 36 Billion USD.  Emirates has also officially stated if it does not meet what they want, they will not order it. 

If not by Paris, then by the end of 2013 would be my best guess.

American Airlines management said a while back that they weren't going to order LRs because there were too many differences from out existing fleet of ERs. Of course later on they ordered A319s and A321s with two different brands of engines and we now have 777-300s so who knows. Maybe some day we will get LRs.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

American Airlines management said a while back that they weren't going to order LRs because there were too many differences from out existing fleet of ERs. Of course later on they ordered A319s and A321s with two different brands of engines and we now have 777-300s so who knows. Maybe some day we will get LRs.

Technically 3 (or possibly 4) once the NEO's start coming...  :rolleyes:  But hey, US already uses both engines (albeit with 2 separate pilot groups) so what the hey?

Steve Caffey

If AA got the LR's then what routes woud they use them on? All the 777's they have are on there long routes already, unless they are adding even longer routes where is the need for them?

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein

There are tons of rumors about longer routes but that's all they are. All the currently planned flying can be done by the -300. Heck I think it can all be done by the -200ER. So far the -300s are just doing the high yield stuff the -200 were doing. Of course we only have about four of them so far.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg