Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtwhite

Overcast into Nashville

Just a couple of pic...

Im flying on an old Dell XPS (quad core) I bought used, an old computer I built years ago, an old laptop passed around the family, an Nvidia Geforce GT 610 graphics card, a couple of Saitek Throttles, an old CH Products yoke, OpusFX (great program), REX textures, megasceneryearth's Tennessee tiles and a nice comfortable spot down in the basement..

It's amazing how real this can look. I like the default CRJ, using the Project Magenta software I bought years ago, and some GoFlight stuff I also have had lying around for years.

Everything is smooth as silk... I think Ill stop tweaking and just fly for a while.

I really like the weather effects in the first shot. Regarding tweaking your system any further, I always have said "if it isn't broke, don't fix it".

Nice setup!

Man, all these "pit" shots makes me really really really want to amp up my setup and at least get a yoke and throttle setup.

William Sequeira

It is cozy, down there in the basement, over in the corner.

And its all self-contained and convertible.

The setup shown there is for the CRJ, which is my favorite. When I switch to the Baron, my second favorite, or the 182, the glass cockpit screen then becomes where I run TA software's Plan-G - which is a great moving map program; or FSWidgets' EFB - which has great weather coverage, and Squawkbox, and the main computer above that runs the VC.

Works great.

I would maybe like a bit larger monitor .... oh, well.... wanna keep it cheap.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

48%
    $12,190.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now