Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

Recommend aircraft

I have allways been flying small GA.

Can someone recommend a good commercial? like 737.

Some good payware out there?

Thanks.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

PMDG 737 NGX is top notch. Once I got it, I don't fly anything else. There is a learning curve, as it has superb system simulation.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

What about performance?

Is it so complex the simulator is on it knees?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

What about performance?
Is it so complex the simulator is on it knees?

Surprisingly, no.  On par with the RealAir Legacy and Duke...maybe better than the Flight1 Mustang as far as I can tell right now.  I can't say I enjoy it as much as GA, have to say.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

From what I have read (TONS) and so far seen of various aircraft on my PC, the NGX is about as heavy duty as it gets in terms of realism, systems and PC CPU crunching...

The Maddog MD80 isnt bad too for an airliner, but with the NGX, you can also use FS2Crew which is bloody brilliant :-)

Yep, can't go wrong with NGX, best of the short haul airliners. I would say the MD-11 is the best of the long haulers until 777 is released.

If you are looking for vintage propliner, the best is A2A 377 Stratocruiser.

The PMDG is indeed looking good.

Can you fly it without the FMC?

Just using GPS and own navigation?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

You can fly it without a FMC but the whole point is to enter in flight plans.

Sometimes I like to have a bit of fun with it.  Thats the beauty of the simulation.

It does not have the FSX gps built in.. that would be.. unrealistic.

I cant wait for their 777.. but I am not super urgent for it so whenever.

The Aerosoft Airbus X extended is fun too.  Something different, but people here recken the fslabs one will be better, but who knows when that will be released.  Prolly next year some time.. good quality takes time.  None of this paying to be a beta tester rubbish thats been going on lately.

Can you fly it without the FMC?

Um...yeah.  I've only been flying it a couple of weeks...I, too, am a mostly GA flier and I got it to see what it's like to fly commercial and to see if I enjoy it.  (Jury is still out.)  It flies nicely by hand.  But, as flyerboy pointed out, you do mostly fly it with a flight plan in the FMC and the MCP (autopilot) does most of the flying.  I'm new so it takes me about 35-40 minutes to get the airplane ready for an hour flight.  Most of that is putting stuff in the FMC.  A typical flight for me:

• You get to take off and click on the autopilot at about 500 feet. 
  • From then on it's adjusting the altitudes, making adjustments for ATC,
  • managing descent,
  • programming the approach,
  • deciding when on the approach to take over and fly by hand (if at all...it can   autoland). 

If you're going to get it and fly it realistically, I'd definitely recommend also getting TOPCAT which is a tool that calculates Weight & Balance, Takeoff and Landing data. It's a good app and not expensive.  Lots of folks also recommend FS2Crew (haven't gotten that yet).

Not sure what you fly GA but I'd spent some time moving up to higher performance GA before I got the NGX...Turbine Duke, Flight1 Mustang.  So far, with admitted limited experience on the NGX, I enjoy them quite a bit more.  Learning all the capabilities of the FMC/MCP and how to make adjustments so that it does what you need it to do is a challenge.  There are other commercial aircraft that I've heard are also excellent (MD80 and DC9) where you'd have to navigate more traditionally.  The NGX is vastly supported by hardware/software and has a huge following so you'll get lots of help (which is why I chose it over the others).  But you'll also spend a lot more time reading and prepping instead of up in the sky.  Perhaps, I'll like it more once I get FS2Crew and GSX and the steep learning curve is behind me.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Thanks for all the feedback.

I actually fly the Carenado Malibu a lot.

It's fast and not that small.

The small cessnas and pipers are getting too slow for me.

I actually did fly the Level D 767 in Century Of Flight. But it was long ago, and i forgot nearly everything about the FMC.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Thanks for all the feedback.

I actually fly the Carenado Malibu a lot.

It's fast and not that small.

The small cessnas and pipers are getting too slow for me.

I actually did fly the Level D 767 in Century Of Flight. But it was long ago, and i forgot nearly everything about the FMC.

Okay...so you're in a similar boat.  I'll be curious what you think.  I'm *trying* to like it..at least find out what I do like about it. 

Gregg Seipp

I just got the PMDG 737 ngx, and it feels very good.

Ready to learn...

I just noticed one thing, everytime i reset view, the screen is flashing and fps drops to 10 for a moment.

Using ezdok, and reseting view with saitek yoke button.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Good to have another ngx pilot out there :). As for your view problem I do not know, as I don't own EZdok. but the  FMC in the aircraft is a joy to use and very easy once you get the hang of it. If I may recommend this youtube channel. ( http://www.youtube.com/user/FSXpilot767/videos?view=0 ) He goes over everything from start up to autoland and this is the person that got me going in the NGX.

Might want to have a look at the Eaglesoft Citation X, can get in and out of smaller fields and also is nearer to commercial than GA, I'm using it to learn to fly on VATSIM.

While I like the CX I've been having a lot of MFD freezes. It seems like a more recent problem with current display drivers. Either way its got a 30 day return policy so if go for it for something different. You'll also need FSUIPC if you want the throttle fadec system to work properly.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |