Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

Cannot open FS2CREW in VC

FS2Crew was running very well until yesterday. I am not able anymore to open FS2Crew within the VC. The mousepointer does not change when I go to

the plate in the VC. I have to go to views, instruments etc. to open it. I installed the trial version of VOXATC, maybe that's the reason.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

As a matter of interest Peter, I think I'm right in saying, that the correct procedure for opening FS2Crew is while in 2D mode! Cetainly for me, while in the NGX, if I try to open it in the VC it will not operate correctly :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thanks, but it always did until yesterday. Never used the 2D mode.

Peter

Peter

Guest Mik75

That is normal, since VoxATC added a gauge into the panel.cfg, therefore a limit is reached (although technically it shouldn't) for the possible gauges within the VC of the NGX.

I had the same after installing the ACARS gauge of FS Flightkeeper.

Simply assign a joystick button to the command for opening the FS2Crew panel.

Ok, thanks Michael. As I will deinstall VOXATC anyways it should be back to normal?

Peter

Peter

Guest Mik75

Ok, thanks Michael. As I will deinstall VOXATC anyways it should be back to normal?Peter

Yes, and if not, you have to manually delete the gauge entries VOXATC made into the panel.cfg.

You probably ran the PMDG Performance Manager.

There's a bug in that tool that deletes the FS2Crew gauge entry in the VC cockpit section.

The best way to open the FS2Crew Panel is to not use the clickspot on the panel.

Use this method:

Special Tip:

You can also assign a Keyboard or Joystick button to open and close the Main Panel.

• To create your "Toggle Main Panel" assignment, create a joystick or keyboard button assignment for 'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)' in the FSX 'SETTINGS - CONTROLS' menu
  • You can select any Joystick or Keyboard assignment (or both).

IMPORTANT:  Your PMDG 737 NGX cannot use the same key assignment for any PMDG 737 NGX Key Command function, or the Main Button will not work!  

So, for example, if you use "C" as your keyboard assignment for the Main Button, you cannot use "C" for any PMDG 737 NGX KEY ASSIGNMENTS.

•  

autofeather2.jpg

Thanks guys, I will try as Bryan proposed. I did not run the NGX performance manager, so it was probably VOXATC.

Peter

Peter

had the same problem, i run the performance manager, and now my clickspot in the VC is gone..isnt it possible to add the spot again? i already reinstall fs2crew?

The PMDG Performance Manager deletes the FS2Crew gauge entry in the VC section of the panel.cfg.  

Your best bet is just to use the assignable button as described above.

yeah i know, but i mean, isnt it possible to add this gauge entry? manual? and then don´t use the perf. man. not anymore, well i normally use it never after install.. but i did a few days ago -.- dono why

yeah i know, but i mean, isnt it possible to add this gauge entry? manual? and then don´t use the perf. man. not anymore, well i normally use it never after install.. but i did a few days ago -.- dono why

Yes you can do it manually if you're comfortable editing panel.cfg files.

Here's the relevant section... it's gauge00 that the PMDG Performance Manager wipes out.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// VC SECTION 36
// Third Party Addon
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[VCockpit36]
size_mm=8,8
pixel_size=8,8
texture=$ThirdParty
background_color=0,0,0
gauge00=FS2Crew2010\Versions\PMDG737NGX\Gauges\FS2CrewNGXVoice!FS2Crew_Icon, 0,0,8,8

Note: If using Button Control, change Voice! to Button!