Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Most up to date payware ai traffic

No, download servers never know where your computer is physically located and do not block locations. Sometimes multiple download servers state their location so that the user can chose a server closer to their location for improved performance.

Well, another FSX product/service recommended to users in the FS9 forum

Now now... a little less hasty on the trigger... be interesting to hear a user experience.

Me, I prefer to tinker inside WOAI; my Sukhoi Superjets are all over the place, along with B787 and whatever else took my fancy on the day!

GAIT and ### AI are known pirates, repackaging the hard work of the freeware creators as their own. May as well be posting Torrent links for payware addons while you're at it.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

GAIT and ### AI are known pirates, repackaging the hard work of the freeware creators as their own. May as well be posting Torrent links for payware addons while you're at it.

Yes that's exactly what they've done on numerous occasions; and those kind of actions are not welcome here at all!

All links posted by 'menduco' removed.

Here is... two threads above yours..

<<Link removed by Admin>>

Marcelo

Mote: pls guys do not try to be more Papist than the Pope..... ;-)

More Papist than the Pope eh.....

The people/person behind those sites have basically stolen a lot of freeware and then attempted to present it as their own work -that is completely unacceptable to us.

So in conclusion - if you post those links anywhere on these forums again, you will find yourself suspended long-term.

Uppss I really  didn't know it.. but if is free.. what is the problem? .  its a surprise for me..

menduco

Yes that's exactly what they've done on numerous occasions; and those kind of actions are not welcome here at all!

All links posted by 'menduco' removed.

More Papist than the Pope eh.....

The people/person behind those sites have basically stolen a lot of freeware and then attempted to present it as their own work -that is completely unacceptable to us.

So in conclusion - if you post those links anywhere on these forums again, you will find yourself suspended long-term. 

Thanks    i didnt know  it..

Guys. really sorry.. about those. links..  was a  free stuff not a torrent that we know is illegal to share it..  that  I share it.. Its not gonna happens again.. Iam in  Avsim for almost 8  or more years and never had that kind of issues.. .. always is a first time..

menduco

Uppss I really  didn't know it.. but if is free.. what is the problem? .  its a surprise for me..

menduco

The problem is they are stealing and presenting the work of others as their own. These kind of actions are aiding to destroy the creation of FS freeware. 

Like I said before, post those links again anywhere on here and you'll find yourself suspended from this site.

I understood but. how I gonna know if  those guys are stealing another works as is own?? we not track every developer  work  I mean..obviously not gonna share it.. but  hard, for not say its impossible for a regular  people,know it.. when is free...? .. I though just in payware ( common sense) we can not share it.. but free stuff .. well I know  now..

menduco

Freeware still has copyrights very similar to payware. Just because it's free doesn't mean you can bundle up other peoples work and re-release it or even worse re-release it saying its your own work.

If you stick with UT but learn how to add new ai aicraft models and textures you will find it very easy to keep your AI world up to date.

Learn also about the Import New Airline process. What I do when a new set of flight plans come out for BAW for example is to create a new airline in UT for "British Airways NEW"  I will delete the previous update for BAW before proceding. You cannot actually delete the original BAW flightplans, but you can de-assign the aircratft so none will fly those routes.

During the import process you assign aircraft to the flightplans and away you go. There are a few "gotchsa" on the way, but if you get stuck shout on here or on the UT forum.

I suggest you first try adding a new aircraft model and texture,

Peter

Thanks Peter.  I think that's the most logical thing for me to do at the moment.  Can you recommend a site where I can obtain up to date textures and aircrafts legally?  I will look through the UT manual to find out how to do all this stuff.

an you recommend a site where I can obtain up to date textures and aircrafts legally?

They are pretty much all available right here at avsim.. Anything in particular that your looking for?

Hi Dave,

The main ones I'm looking for would probably be the updated Garuda and Air Canada liveries.

I'll check the files section of this site and see what I can find.

Thanks

Guys, please educate me, because I'm still not clear on how those GAIT guys are doing anything wrong. From what I can tell, they are taking freeware AI, textures, and flight plans, doing all the work to make those workable in FS9 and FSX, and then bundling those for download for immediate use, for free. They also have links on their webpage to the major freeware AI groups, so they obviously are giving credit to the developers. I don't speak their language, so is there some wording on their website where they claim someone else's work as their own? Also, how are they different from WoAI? It is my understanding that WoAI didn't create the models or textures in their packages, they just provided packages that were easily installed. So, please tell me what the difference is because right now I am really confused about how we define piracy in the freeware world. Just looking at their website (again I don't speak their language) I got the visual impression they are simply doing what WoAI did.

I am not trying to start an argument. I really want to be educated on this. Thanks.

Todd

Now now... a little less hasty on the trigger... be interesting to hear a user experience.

Me, I prefer to tinker inside WOAI; my Sukhoi Superjets are all over the place, along with B787 and whatever else took my fancy on the day!

The link that my comment was based on was to a page that featured  FS Live Traffic 3.  I perused the entire webpage material and it all states that it is for FSX.  I read the manual and it states that it's for FSX.  I read the AVSIM review (see attachment) of the product and it states it's for FSX.

I do believe that the screenshot of the video you included is from a prior version of the product, hence, no longer valid for FS Live Traffic 3.

I have presented my evidence and rest my case ....... hasty and itchy trigger finger and all.