Sign in to follow this  
Adrian Druzdz

Will PMDG 737 NGX work On i3

i run fsx and ngx on my roommate's pc as my laptop cannot handle it. it has a core i5 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, 6 gigs of ram and intel HD graphics. i mainly use freeware scenery from avsim library, also some fps friendly payware addons that my buddy has purchased and i get 27-30 fps locked (20 fps in bad weather). i have used Word Not Allowed's tweaks for fsx.cfg which made the difference. also the trick is to set the textures for ngx to low resolution via the performance manager. the sliders in fsx settings are set to maximum except water animations, autogen and traffic.

i don't know how the i3 cpu would perform though as fsx is cpu dependant

Power Provided 180.0 Watt

Probably not enough I'm afraid. You'll need a new PSU

You need at least 4ghz to have fun!

But i have loads of fun on 3ghz :)

If you're looking into a graphics card for FSX, I'd consider nVidia over ATI.

ATI has great graphics cards for gaming in general, but my feeling and my personal experience is that FSX runs better on nVidia.

Dave P. Woycek

Hi I've just been wondering if PMDG 737 NGX will work on my computer because I don't want to waste my money.  

My Computer specs are:

i3-3220 processor (3 GHz, 3 MB cache)

8 GB DDR3 (1333 MHz)

1 TB hard drive, SATA II (7200 rpm)

Intel HD Integrated graphics

I has almost the exact setup in a laptop before I got my gaming laptop.  It would run everything (NGX, addons, etc) at about 8fps average.  That average is throughout the entire flight.  At big airports with lots of traffic, it could get quite frustrating.

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for not answering your question sooner, I have  a Radeon 5770 graphics card in my PC and it seems ok, well I'm happy with it! Unfortunately I don't know if your card is a better one than mine as the Radeon cards aren't numbered with the highest number representing the best card.

Happy flying,

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.