Sign in to follow this  
iMads

Checklist Application for your mobile!

Hello there everyone!

I'm new to this forum, but i've been wanting to share my idéa and what i'm currently developing. I am currently developing a CheckList application for your iOS devices! This idéa came to me the other day, when i was playing FSX and wanted to play releasticly. So i was looking at the website all the time for checklist, but that's not easy. How about having them on my mobile all the time?! No internet connection needed, just open the app, select your aircraft and you're good to go!

Now the reason i'm comming here is to ask you! Would you use this application? Do you think it would become popular amoungst FSX users?

I've got a few screenshots for you guys to look at.

img02301.png

img02311.png

img02321.png

Please leave some feedback on this idéa guys!

Thank you for your time!

Mads

I like your idea a lot! I have purchased SpeakIt! for iOS to use for checklists so that it will read out custom checklists. Although the text to voice capability is brilliant, it has not been designed for that purpose. Having a physical list that gets "checked" by touch is probably the simplest implementation, but not much better than a PDF checklist on a mobile device.

The ultimate app could be one that reads checklist items out with voice, then waits for a touch response or voice confirmation. Using text to voice and speed recognition would be the ultimate, and I would be willing to pay double digit $ for it. Throw in something like a Google Docs (or whatever it is called lately) or Dropbox interface so checklists can be prepared and shared on PC and shared using those services, you will reach an even bigger audience.

Good luck, and I look forward to see what you come up with!

Just read RCITguy's post - I searched all over and never once came upon this app; thanks for pointing it out!

Again, TapCheck... Already does spoken checklists / Click confirmations.

Thank you all. The idéa with voice is good. Also i was thinking adding images for people that don't know the location of certain controls.

I'll try and make it different the the tapCheck.

Personally speaking, IMHO, its a checklist... You should already know where the controls are by the time you start using checklists..

If you dont know where something is with your eyes closed, you shouldnt be starting checklists... But thats jusy my opinion..

Checklists = Going to fly

Going to fly without knowing where everything is and what it does = Dangerous!

I just tried Tapcheck out on my iPhone 5, no apps running in the background, also downloaded the VRS Superbug checklist. The first four or five checklist items worked fine, then the voice stopped working and I had to continue reading through the list. To make things worse, the checklist is based on an external power startup that I don't like, but one is limited to the purchased lists provided i.e. no customisation. The only way to get the voice working again was to kill the app in the task manager, and restart the app. One last complaint is that the checklist requires one to keep an eye on the text on the tap button, and is not ideal. The checklist item for instance would read "IFR probe", while the text "retract" would be written on the tap button to indicate that the probe needs to be retracted. So one moment one is listening to the checklist item, hearing the button name and identifying it on screen in the sim, then peeking back at the app to figure out what is should be set to. Items should rather be read out in full, for instance:"IFR Probe (pause) retract". Then one can tap the button to proceed to next item once verified, or verbally respond with "check" or "retract" so that the app can move on.

I do have pdf checklists that I create for aircraft I don't fly often that contains screenshots with markers. Good luck starting up the DCS Black Shark after being out of the virtual cockpit for two years without it. In cases like this, a detailed picture showing the button/switch location can be a blessing. If you can easily implement this feature to display an image when the checklist moves to an item (if image is present for item #1_5 for instance) it would be very helpful for some.

I just tried Tapcheck out on my iPhone 5, no apps running in the background, also downloaded the VRS Superbug checklist. The first four or five checklist items worked fine, then the voice stopped working and I had to continue reading through the list. To make things worse, the checklist is based on an external power startup that I don't like, but one is limited to the purchased lists provided i.e. no customisation. The only way to get the voice working again was to kill the app in the task manager, and restart the app. One last complaint is that the checklist requires one to keep an eye on the text on the tap button, and is not ideal. The checklist item for instance would read "IFR probe", while the text "retract" would be written on the tap button to indicate that the probe needs to be retracted. So one moment one is listening to the checklist item, hearing the button name and identifying it on screen in the sim, then peeking back at the app to figure out what is should be set to. Items should rather be read out in full, for instance:"IFR Probe (pause) retract". Then one can tap the button to proceed to next item once verified, or verbally respond with "check" or "retract" so that the app can move on.

I do have pdf checklists that I create for aircraft I don't fly often that contains screenshots with markers. Good luck starting up the DCS Black Shark after being out of the virtual cockpit for two years without it. In cases like this, a detailed picture showing the button/switch location can be a blessing. If you can easily implement this feature to display an image when the checklist moves to an item (if image is present for item #1_5 for instance) it would be very helpful for some.

Yes, i'm thinking of having the voice saying like: "Set Fraps to RETRACTED", and images is what i'm going to do. Thank alot for your idéas and opinion.

Just tried tapcheck and found out they dont do a 747 checklist, rubbish!

Tapcheck ? No thank you. Voice problems, checklist set in stone with no user/company customization, no way to add your own checklist, checklist seem to be very brief and their database of checklists is sparse, let alone not very thorough.

On the other hand, I like where this is going. It looks good, with a stable voice recognition platform and response system,user customization, a strong database of various aircraft and this might make a top app for iOS for me at least.

Look forward to more updates on this.

I've heard alot of people wanting to enter their own. I could add like 5 planes for normal, and users would be able to add their own into the application?

How does that sound?

There's also an Android app called Avilution Checklists that can do audio checklists. It's not very expensive, but you do have to add your own checklists to a single "checklists.txt" file. I  find it works well, but I don't use the audio feature, so I don't know how good that is.

Dugald