Sign in to follow this  
nikitos_567

Captain sim 777 vs PMDG 777

Well not judge L1011 yet. They have succeed a lot better with their older plane types (and i´m not saying that they are bugles). And i think that this conversation is more wether to buy cs777 or to wait PMDG`s one.

(...)

Agreed. The L1011 could be more CS's own type of coffee. Which, again, makes it less likely that they'll finish their 777. Concentrating on their L1011 would make more sense for them.

I have the CS C130, 707, 727, 737, 757, 767, and B52 and have great performance and no more bugs than any other plane I own, I love the cockpits with the 'wear and tear'. I also have the PMDG 737.

Two things always happen when either company is mentioned, CS sucks and PMDG walks on water. Neither is accurate, both have bugs, none are 'showstoppers' for most users, and most of us happily fly on while watching the forums trolls and getting a chuckle from them.

Having said that, I am a multi-monitor user, I fly with 2D cockpit most of the time, and because of both PMDG and CS new 'policy' of no more 2D cockpits, neither of them will get another dime of my money.

Please spare me the "2D is dead - long live the VC" rhetoric, although I know some can't resist.

Jay

I have the CS C130, 707, 727, 737, 757, 767, and B52 and have great performance and no more bugs than any other plane I own, I love the cockpits with the 'wear and tear'. I also have the PMDG 737.

Two things always happen when either company is mentioned, CS sucks and PMDG walks on water. Neither is accurate, both have bugs, none are 'showstoppers' for most users, and most of us happily fly on while watching the forums trolls and getting a chuckle from them.

Having said that, I am a multi-monitor user, I fly with 2D cockpit most of the time, and because of both PMDG and CS new 'policy' of no more 2D cockpits, neither of them will get another dime of my money.

Please spare me the "2D is dead - long live the VC" rhetoric, although I know some can't resist.

I agree 100%. I enjoy both CS and PMDG.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I prefer the PMDG 777 ! PMDG is known for its quality products "Hardcore".

Its not even out yet.

I prefer the 2016 F150 over the 2009.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

not true, the CS 757 and 767 are amazing and work.

I have them both and you are incorrect IMHO.

Incredible !  Comparing 2 products and one hasn't even been released.... 

Sounds like a waist of time to me B)

Not when we're comparing the 2 companies that make them, no it is not a waste.

Correct, it is like comparing Aston martins to g wizs. Quality and reputation is everything.

Exactly right; especially vital int he age of "no refund" EUAs for software.

spacer.png

Good Thing I did not buy it. Thank you for the Info. Seems like most of their planes have Low Fps problems. Maybe they are poorly optimized

not true, the CS 757 and 767 are amazing and work.

I love how people discount dozens of posts attributing to the inefficiencies of CS's products, especially the 757/767.

I guess you never read the "most regretted purchases" thread here on Avsim?

CS had the most votes, and from that company the 757/767 had the highest tally marks.

They work great one some machines, and completely horrible on the rest.

CS never optimized their code to play nice with the majority of the myriad of different hardware configurations.

Their products produce horrible frame rates on averages machines.

Fact.

Amazing? That's definitely your opinion because the word I would choose to describe their products isn't as nice.

And saying "they work" is 100% relative to the person using their software.

Their stuff doesn't universally work 100% for everyone.

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

Generally I think CS 707, 727 (after some third party fixes & proper soundpack), 737 and 767 are somewhat okay, they have their own bugs and aren't that good in certain areas but overall I haven't had major problems with them and I actually like the 707 very much.

Then their 757 and 777 are something that I really don't think are worth the money (other than during 10 dollar sale).

I haven't flown their C130 and B52 enough to get a clear view about them yet. 

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

Yes, but in this case there's a clear pattern.

spacer.png

Now I've heard it all. Comparing the bug list of PMDG's airplanes to CS.