Sign in to follow this  
warfox

Livery Manager

Good Morning all:

I would like to know if PMDG has the intention of doing a Livery Manager for the MD-11 and 747.

I find it very useful with the NGX and I think it would not cost too much to program.

It would be a shame if those planes don't have one (I hate the each livery installers, they are slow and not easy to manage).

Regards, Pau Daniel.

The 747? Yes, V2 will use the livery manager

The md-11? No. Pmdg has ended all md-11 dev work if I'm not mistaken.

If I remember correctly, they said, by the time they announce the livery manager for the NGX, that they were planing to implement it on all of their products (forward and backward).

That might have changed, nonetheless.

Can someone of PMDG confirm this? It would really a shame not to have a Livery manager for the MD-11  :(

Nobody of PMDG can say if this is being made, or is in consideration, or if it this a good idea? I really want to know. 

Regards, Pau Daniel.

The PMDG Group that posts on these forums are working away constantly, it may take days or even weeks before the message gets across to them, so please, be patient. I'm not sure if anything was released about a plan like this, but, I may be wrong, considering I bought my first PMDG product late 2012.

Back when NGX was released and they introduced the Livery Manager, they said that it will be definitely used in any future product, and that they may make it compatibile with past products. Nothing was released yet though.

I suppose they might want to make the livery manager extendable for 777 and 747, so they dont have to maintain 3 separate packages. If they do that, then it should not be too hard to make the MD11 also compatibile (and JS41 I suppose)

Making the Livery Manager compatible with products prior to the NGX isn't something that ever materialized and I don't expect that it will, sorry. Just too busy with the new product development - it would take valuable programmer time away from that to do it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com