Sign in to follow this  
foibles

Prepar3d version 2.0

To be clear the autogen will only show on top of any scenery that is in a scenery folder one level up from the texture folder containing the agn files and nowhere else.

Cheers, Andy.

I have a dev machine.  Maybe I'll give it a shot with default fsx autogen on bluesky scenery.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have a dev machine.  Maybe I'll give it a shot with default fsx autogen on bluesky scenery.

Can you make a thread to show off the results? I am interested in seeing how it looks.

it'd be nice to at least have an option to leave on the trees, buildings, etc. on top of photoreal that you get with default scenery or with ORBX

Again my understanding is that is nothing to do with FSX or P3D but is decided by the scenery developer.

I'm part of a project to completely cover Portugal with photoreal and autogen (plus custom buildings) and it's coming along nicely. We have both working with no issues at all.

Well... I'm interested on that !!! ;-)   Is José Oliveira ( ISEP ) in it too?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Photo scenery excludes any autogen not in an associated texture folder, there is no way to turn this off other than to include agn files in the texture folder. The only thing it wont hide is special unique objects like the Millennium Dome and landmark objects like that, but they aren't Autogen anyway.

Cheers, Andy.

Photo scenery excludes any autogen not in an associated texture folder, there is no way to turn this off other than to include agn files in the texture folder. The only thing it wont hide is special unique objects like the Millennium Dome and landmark objects like that, but they aren't Autogen anyway.

That's probably the definitive statement.  It doesn't show the ground polys on top of the photoreal if you move the .agn files, right?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I think it's called 'land class'...ground cover that would cover the photoreal.

Gregg Seipp

How would that be possible, you cannot have default ground textures and photoscenery textures covering the same area and have them both visible at the same time, it doesn't work like that and agn being present would not make any difference one way or the other. Land class polys just define which ground textures to display within that defined poly, it's exactly the same idea as for autogen but for ground textures instead.

Think of photo scenery as top dog, everything else ground texture and autogen wise is completely eradicated, if there are photo scenery textures present for that area of the world. Where the photo scenery coverage ends default textures will show along with its associated agn.

Cheers, Andy.

How would that be possible, you cannot have default ground textures and photoscenery textures covering the same area and have them both visible at the same time, it doesn't work like that and agn being present would not make any difference one way or the other. Land class polys just define which ground textures to display within that defined poly, it's exactly the same idea as for autogen but for ground textures instead.

Think of photo scenery as top dog, everything else ground texture and autogen wise is completely eradicated, if there are photo scenery textures present for that area of the world. Where the photo scenery coverage ends default textures will show along with its associated agn.

Ok...I just didn't know where they drew the line as what was autogen. 

Gregg Seipp

Working on my scenery experiment on my dev machine, here's what I've done so far:

• I have a folder for Monterey Peninsula, CA
  • In it, I have a scenery folder that contains the .bgl files for the photoreal
  • In it, I also have a texture folder.  I have copied into it the following from FSX
  • --All the contents of Scenery/NAMW/texture
  • --All the contents of Scenery/Global/texture
  • --All the contents of Scenery/World/texture

Note that none of these folders had any .agn files(?).  The result is that I have a few buildings around KMRY, some of which are hand placed but the rest is pretty barren.  Is the directory structure correct?  What else do I need to copy?

8Ychbte.jpg

Gregg Seipp

jcomm, on 15 May 2013 - 2:42 PM, said:

Well... I'm interested on that !!! ;-) Is José Oliveira ( ISEP ) in it too?

Hey, check this out :)

PT Sceneries

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

If there are no agn files you aren't going to see any Autogen.

Cheers, Andy.

Where are those located?

Gregg Seipp