Sign in to follow this  
Lude2Envy

Just a thought

Being a huge fan of PMDG aircraft and the TV show "How It's Made", could PMDG possibly make a movie documentary on how they start from scratch to building such elaborate aircraft for FSX? I would love to see an overview of the process in a 30-60 minute segment................not revealing any trade secrets off course. Thanks and keep up the good work. 

- Ian

That would be awesome, allthough I suspect a bit to niche :)

23.png

make a movie documentary on how they start from scratch to building such elaborate aircraft for FSX?

I think I remember that being suggested a while back. I can't remember exactly what was said but I think the footage would just be guys sitting in front of a computer with a bunch of manuals drinking coffee.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I was thinking more about how the brainstorming process works, then go through the order of development. Sound recording, taking pics and measurements of the real aircraft and how they're transferred into 3Ds Max and photoshop, a little into coding and animations, integrating everything, beta testing, etc...... Not just watching them write lines of code. How It's Made did a segment on how a console game was made. It was only 10 minutes and very basic, but interesting nonetheless. 

That would be sick! That in and of itself would be a great idea to show us how much work is involved.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

or maybe a docusoap made over a whole development cycle, like ice pilots!

Of course, any PMDG reality show worth its salt would also have to include scenes of Ryan and RSR hosing down the members of this forum with fire extinguishers during the periodic release date panic attacks that may or may not occur in parallel with the full moon.  :lol:

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Maybe an in depth look behind the scenes would calm the release-date-hungry simmers by giving them more of an appreciation of what it takes to make a PMDG quality aircraft.

I'd like to see Robert's wife when he's up at 3am yelling at the computer when something isn't working.

...but I think the footage would just be guys sitting in front of a computer with a bunch of manuals drinking coffee.

I agree. I was able to visit subLogic back in 1993. While it was nice to meet everyone the was pictured in the back of subLogic product manuals, it was an office with a bunch of computers and a warehouse with floppy disk production and packaging machines.

Visiting subLogic, Stu Moment's house, with the attached hanger and airplanes was a lot more interesting.