Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Is it possible to hide the default aircraft?

Open the aircraft.cfg and change the texture name for each livery. I add an X to each name. This prevents the livery from showing up. Better than deleting them.

or simply rename of every default MS plane the aircraft.cfg to aircraft_cfg

you won't see them any longer in the AI traffic neither then, but I don't use (stock) AI.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Or if you use AI renaming the panel.cfg should do it, too.

Is there some sort of add on or something that hides the default aircraft? I never use them anymore.

Go into their directory and rename all directories that contain the word "panel" to something else.

For example "panel" -> "panel-0".

Doing as the above poster mentioned, changing the name of the panel folder in each of

the aircraft folders will remove those aircraft from the selection menu but still allow them

to be used as AI, I do believe.

FSX treats any aircraft without a "panel" folder as AI.

I use "panel.x". You can use a similar method to disable individual repaints, temporarily,

by going into the aircraft.cfg file and for each paint you wish to disable change the

"panel=" statement to "panel=off".  Then, should you chose to re-enable that paint

you can do a search & replace function to remove the "off".

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

The drawback to doing this is you won't be able to use any of the missions in default FSX. The other drawback is with many addon aircraft you should always load a default plane first and then load the addon aircraft to avoid problems.

The drawback to doing this is you won't be able to use any of the missions in default FSX

One can override this problem by simply editing the FLT file of the missions in question, you can use any aircraft for any given mission!