Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

UK2000 Luton released

I shall definitely buy this one.  Anyone else?   

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

yes its very good and the FSX version plays nice in DX10, blows the other version out the water 

I've been waiting years for this! I was flying all day and night! :). I'm absolutely knackered, but do you know what-I don't care! :)

How is it compared to eiresim Luton. I bought eiresim Luton years ago and was impressed by it. Is it worth replacing with this one? massive fan of both developers so can't decide.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Well if you were impressed by Eiresim's version (a lot of people wernt) then you'll fall over in love with this version. There's no stupid bugs and runs so much better!

It's funny I never had any of the bugs with eiresim version. I believe fs9 version was pretty buggy but fsx version was stable for me. ( currently using both fs9 & fsx )

Thanks for the input James I might give it a go this evening after all,just hate buying the same airport twice.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

That's alright no worries. Buying Eiresim's LTN was one of my biggest regrets. I uninstalled it after 1 flight there. It was just unusable.

Stephen,

Do you use UK photoscenery? In addition to being vastly more detailed than the Eiresim version, the base image of UK2000 Luton Xtreme also blends perfectly with my Horizon GenX VFR photoscenery (which is something that the Eiresim version failed to do quite spectacularly).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Stephen,

Do you use UK photoscenery? In addition to being vastly more detailed than the Eiresim version, the base image of UK2000 Luton Xtreme also blends perfectly with my Horizon GenX VFR photoscenery (which is something that the Eiresim version failed to do quite spectacularly).

Absolutely. It blends perfectly!

How is it compared to eiresim Luton. I bought eiresim Luton years ago and was impressed by it. Is it worth replacing with this one? massive fan of both developers so can't decide.

It's funny I never had any of the bugs with eiresim version. I believe fs9 version was pretty buggy but fsx version was stable for me. ( currently using both fs9 & fsx )

Thanks for the input James I might give it a go this evening after all,just hate buying the same airport twice.

I have been using Eiresim Luton on FS9 without any significant bugs, although I have not installed my UK photoscenery during a recent FS9 re-installation. I too however am a great fan of both developers and have bought all of their products up until now, so would be interested in some feedback as to how they compare - in particular are there any extra features in the UK Xtreme version?

Bill

Stephen,

Absolutely. It blends perfectly!

Don't have any scenery add on for fs9 as I just reinstalled it for nostalgia a few weeks ago and find I'm flying it more often then not.

Have orbx England installed on my fsx system if it blends as good as EGBB i will probably pick it up tonight.

Thanks again guys.

Stephen

Picked this one up today, and as usual it's another UK2000 winner.  Amazingly consistent quality from those fellows.

John G.

Looking at the demo, and I'll no doubt be guilted into buying it... Gary has a brilliant business model, and what a lovely airport scenery this is.
These days, airports with the terminal stripe down the side of the taxiway next to the runway don't really catch my interest much, but this one clearly grew like topsy!
I don't miss AES so much at the UK2000 offerings, there is animated marshalling, and if you bring your own stairs, no embarkation problem.Lutonfs92013-05-2011-13-57-96.png

Plenty of animated ground traffic, seems to have gotten smoother in this edition.
One or two rough spots where cars go through stanchions, and the GA ramp has a few clashes with statics.
But these do not detract much from this, another excellent contribution to FS9.5