Sign in to follow this  
andy1975

NG too low at startup and Flight Idle

Hi there,

don´t know if I am the only one, but I checked twice my calibrations ... on startup you cannot see NG rise up to 11-13 % to give Low Idle condition, it stays at 0%!

Also the NG shows about 54% instead of 69% in Flight-Idle-Power and High-Idle Conditon after full engine start up according to the manual.

Maybe this could also be the cause that this bird needs some power lever movement to get her rolling instead of the common self roll on behavior it should show like most turboprops, as at about 69% NG it is indeed having a roll on!?

And whatever I try to do in 850-mode I cannot seem to get this bird higher than 295kts TAS in leveled position. Tried various FL´s ... no chance. It is mostly about 15 kts below the TAS in the books / manual.

Hope this will be fixed!

Besides these fixable things it is a really beauty that will stay in my hangar! Great addon IMHO!

Cheers!

Cruise speeds are off more like 20-30kts depending upon alt, not 15kts. Yes, the NG is not working as it should...hopefully someone will re-do the air file.

...also if you havent yet noticed, the ITT is using the Fahrenheit scale instead of Celsius, lol.

Ya know, to be fair on one hand this is a very difficult plane to do a proper FDE for....there are alot of little nuances that are difficult to achieve within FSX and getting the correct cruise speeds at all modes of flight may not even be possible in FSX with a plane like this...but on the other hand...by now Carenado has enough experience to know better that if you aren't confident you can do the flight characteristics of a particular plane proper justice then you probably shouldnt take on the project to begin with....

...we shall see what happens...if they need more time to get it right then so be it...but it would be nice if they would at least publicly acknowledge the issues here in the forum so we can understand what their intentions are at this point.

I've been told by Carenado that they will fix as many things as they can in an upcoming service pack.

SO, lets just relax a bit and keep reporting real bugs to Carenado so they can look at them and decide..

Previous releases have required two service packs before they "stabilized", so we're in early days..

My sense is that this could turn into a really nice add-on.. lets hope I'm right  :blush:

Bert

My sense is that this could turn into a really nice add-on..

From my perspective, it already is an amazing plane... and it's still in beta!  :lol:

This can be a flagship product for them if they just giver it a little more care.

Bert, agreed; there's plenty done well here, as always; question is just how deep they can go in addressing the issues raised.

I also dearly hope they'll "retrofit" what they've learned with the latest incarnation of their G1000 - at least in terms of performance increases/less FPS hit - onto the 182T and SR-22, it would be a shame not to.

NG 54% at flightidle and condition high is actually the perfect value for low idle condition according to the manual ... so there seems to be a missmatch?!?

don´t know if I am the only one, but I checked twice my calibrations ... on startup you cannot see NG rise up to 11-13 % to give Low Idle condition, it stays at 0%!

I'm also having this problem. It just sits there at 0% until I add the fuel. I'm running SP1 as well. Any ideas?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Any ideas?

SP2?

If ever... I go with the oil pressure... once it get to yellow, I turn on the fuel... A kind of Poor Mans NG gauge.

SP2?

If ever... I go with the oil pressure... once it get to yellow, I turn on the fuel... A kind of Poor Mans NG gauge.

So everyone experiences this issue? That's a pretty major bug and one I haven't seen with any other FS turboprops..

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hi,

for my experience the whole NG% - section of the engines seems a bit off.

1.) When you are on top lets say FL290 or even higher, NG drops pretty fast compared to the manual. It starts getting inaccurate at about FL240.

2.) If you do a descent ... you normally retard the Power-lever just a bit, you will see TRQ decrease but no NG% in this bird, shouldn´t it decrease too?! It will stay rather long at about 99,6% and only drop drastically when pulling power so much back till you will hear the gear-extension-warning. I have never flown a real PT6-A66D engine but this behavior seems pretty let´s say "unfamiliar" to what you would like to expect, if you compare to the PT6-A21 you have in the Malibu ... please some RW TBM flyers can correct me?!

But nevertheless, I really like this plane very much, I really hope Carenado can lend Bernt´s hand again for this to look after a bit!

I get the feeling I should have waited for SP2 before I purchased this...  They fixed the cruise speed with SP1, but it's still much too broken to enjoy. I prefer the Malibu even though it's slower.

MSFS / XP

I prefer the Malibu even though it's slower.

She had her problems too, but a few user mods brought her up to snuff. Dam shame they did the DL, and not the DLX.. which is as good (better in some numbers like climb and fuel burn) as her modern Meridian sister, IIRC, she had two SP's, one full SP, and a semi-SP with a stolle rework of the AIR file.

I can understand missing top speed... missing NG is another thing... It's part of start up!

I wish I knew how to fix it, as I would share that info quite willingly.

Funny, each plane has kind of the opposite bugs.... melt them together and remove the slag off the top, and you'd have a legendary AC.

Part of the small market curse.. not allot of fokes burning to start software comps for FSX addon aircraft.

Well I filed a support request with Carenado for this particular issue. The more people that do it the more likely they'll fix it. Remember once the 206 comes out, the TBM is old news and will be abandoned by Carenado.

MSFS / XP

Remember once the 206 comes out, the TBM is old news and will be abandoned by Carenado.

That may be true already.. and I suspect with such a small staff (I assume), other planes like the Cirrus had to suffer through re-treads like the B58 an King Airs to be ported over to

X-Plane. I dropped a ticket on it as well. Doesn't seem like a big repair, like the CAS alerts... its all in the XML code some where.