Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

FSX realism settings

Found the below information in the PMDG knowledgebase and missed this interesting information until now and have had all my realism settings in FSX at 100%.

PMDG's flight models are developed for the following FS realism slider settings:

• General - 100%
  • P-Factor - 50%
  • Torque - 50%
  • Gyro - 0%
  • Crash Tollerance - 100%

How much difference will this do for the flight model when flying the NGX?

Richard Åsberg

Had no idea, also used the 100% settings. That means from now on every time I fly the NGX I have to change those settings and change them back again when switching planes, how inconvenient. :(

Hello,

Until now i have always flown everything at 0, meaning all are on the easy side.

I guess you mean with the percentages, the percentages towards realism, am i correct?

I will change them to this info, lets see what it brings. will post my findings here.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yori

Yes, I was a bit puzzled why not all settings are at 100% considering the realism factor of the NGX.

Would be interesting to have some input from PMDG on this one.

Richard Åsberg

Of course...always start by RTFM :wink:

Will have a look as soon as I get back home.

Richard Åsberg

:smile:

Thanks, then I'll return all sliders to the far right as I already had them.

As for the KB article it's on PMDG's website and it doesn't say anything specific for certain aircraft but only talks about PMDG flight models. Below is the link to the article.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a55/realism-settings-for-pmdg-aircraft.aspx

Richard Åsberg

Yep, you're right. However I think maybe it would be a good idea to update the information clarifying it doesn't apply to later aircraft like the NGX.

No big deal, will simply change my sliders back to the right.

Just checked that link and it certainly looks like some of the information has been picking up some dust :wink:

Richard Åsberg

In case you can't stand the long wait: recommended realism settings for the NGX are 100% for all sliders. Your KB article must be older and related to a former PMDG release ...

Phew, thank god, this thread had me worried for a while as most planes use the full realism settings so changing the settings every time jumping into the NGX would really suck...

So i promised to check the difference.i had all sliders to the left before.

Performance does not go down.

Better visuals, like lights, illumination.

The torque effect adds that the camera moves when you push the throttle.

I have no clue what the gyro thing does. Perhaps one can fill that in for me?

RGS,

Yori

Thanks for your feedback Yori but as you might have read already it was later discovered that the information was dated and indeed the recommendation for the NGX is to have all the sliders to the far right, ie 100% realism for all sliders.

Was a bit surprised when you say the visuals got better, can't think of which one of these realism slider settings would have anything to do with the visuals in FSX but doesn't really matter when you say it got better since better is always better :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Yeah i noticed it was outdated. Now i have something to do after my business trip.

Maybe the better visuals are just my perception. The brain can be an odd instrument.

RGS,

Yori