Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

loading weather takes a while... why?

hello everyone,

I just started using Active Sky 2012 for my FSX. However, when I am on the vitual cockpit view (seeing the clouds) and when switching to the external view (pressing the S-key three times) the clouds disapper... and then, when I switch back again to the virtual cockpit it takes around 5 seconds to see them again. Its a little bit anoying...  does someone has an idea if there is a solution to this issue? 

have a look at the screeshot...

1. Virtual Cockpit:

VirtualCockpit_zps13114b5b.png

2. Outside View:

OUtsideview_zps3f6b4fd1.png

3. again Virtual Cockpit:

back_zpsbc1ea947.png

Thanks guys!

A faster PC, when you go from VC to external and back teh system has to redraw all teh cloiuds, teh more clouds and teh greater teh viewing distance the longer it takes.A faster PC helps.

I have not seen this issue before when using Active Sky 2012. Did the weather update?

A faster PC, when you go from VC to external and back teh system has to redraw all teh cloiuds, teh more clouds and teh greater teh viewing distance the longer it takes.A faster PC helps.

This could be. Felipe, what are your computer specs?

I have not seen this issue before when using Active Sky 2012. Did the weather update?

This could be. Felipe, what are your computer specs?

Carlin,

here are the specs of my pc, I am about to think that it has probably something to do with the settings I have in Active sky?...

yes the weather, once returning to the cockpit view, takes like 5 sec and shows again the cloud structures normally.

CPU (Prozessor):Intel Core i7-3770K, 4x 3.50GHz

CPU-Overclocking:Overclock Level 1 - Enthusiast

Mainboard:ASUS P8Z77-V, Intel Z77

Graphic card :NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB, EVGA

RAM:8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (2x 4GB)

Harddisk:500GB Seagate Barracuda

CPU-Cooler:Scythe Mugen 3 SCMG-3000

Yes your explanation of the issue was incorrect, it should have being," why do textures take so long to draw when switching views" and as I said a fsater pc will help. FSX caches what view you are in so when you cahnge  views it has to dump the last relaod teh new and than display that takes time, than when yo go back to the original view it has to do it all again. Your PC should do 4.4 gig or higher that will help a lot in many ways. You could also reduce the ni=umber of clouds and draw distance that too will help as FSX will have less to redraw. Its the same problem you gave as fsx redraws teh VC after being in external view.

Overclocking will certainly help, but your PC is far superior to mine, but cloud redraws occur pretty quickly on my PC.  Granted, I use the low resolution textures and limit my cloud layers to 4 layers and I set the FSX water at 1x high. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Wow, that's a strange one. I've never had lack of cloud textures when switching views. Massive delay in VC textures draw in, blurry ground textures and AI plane texture delay but never clouds.

Maybe turn your texture quality down to 2048 or 1024 and see if its any better?