Sign in to follow this  
garymcginnis

Weird FS9 Blurry Behavior

I don't know that. But i can give you another suggestion: you can download and use 30days for free "acronis true image". So you can make a backup of your entire system, or just FS, and then you can try whatever you want - if you don't like it, or you have issues, you can revert to current state in 20min. 

Try to find 2011 version, the last one(2013)had a problem with windows 7 and i don't know if they fixed that

I don't know that. But i can give you another suggestion: you can download and use 30days for free "acronis true image". So you can make a backup of your entire system, or just FS, and then you can try whatever you want - if you don't like it, or you have issues, you can revert to current state in 20min. 

Try to find 2011 version, the last one(2013)had a problem with windows 7 and i don't know if they fixed that

This is what I'm thinking...... all of my AGN files are gone in my current system and it says "Date Last Modified is May 27, 2013." When I compare it to my logbook for fs9 work, that is the day I installed then removed GE Pro. So I can be reasonably assume it was GE Pro that removed all the .agn files. So I was thinking of making a copy, comparing the two folders, and then pasting. 

I guess I want to know before I do it if it will casue any registry issues or whatnot. I don't think so since the folder and .agn files are not tied to a registry path but just got to make sure.

Thanks for for the Acronis suggestion. I have it on my current regular PC (old FS PC). It is nice but I don't want it on my W7 machine. Keeping that very vanilla.

Gary

Worth to try, i think becouse those are part of default scenery, it could be work

Question,do you play with add on`s like ABACUS? iv`e had a problem at LATI after doing my thing with ABACUS and bingo the same blurries appeared, after ridding the addon bits they went away!

Now where are we?.

Question,do you play with add on`s like ABACUS? iv`e had a problem at LATI after doing my thing with ABACUS and bingo the same blurries appeared, after ridding the addon bits they went away!

Now where are we?.

Nope.... my FS computer is only for FS.

I fixed my .agn issue btw. So I guess I'll just let this topic head out to pasture since the blurry issue can't seem to be fixed.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful help  ^_^

[REALISM]

INDASPD=0

PFactor=0.000000

Torque=0.000000

GyroEffect=0.000000

CrashTolerance=0.000000

General=0.000000

UnlimitedFuel=True

TrueAirspeed=False

AutoCoord=True

RealMixture=False

StressDamage=False

GEffect=False

ManualLights=True

GyroDrift=False

CrashWithDyn=False

CrashDetection=0

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but I'm curious about these settings. Is it just personal preference or is it there any other reason (performance/not that real/etc)?

Dropping the AF setting down to 2X makes the "popping" blurry to clear go away and just a smooth line of blurry to clear but it is still not ideal and still have my fingers crossed that we all can find a fix. At least now I've got a "balance" if you want to call it that and it is not as annoying.

I switched my AF setting to 16x some time ago just because I thought if it was the highest setting, then I should use it. So I switched my setting down to 2X as you've suggested and it actually seems to make FS9 look better to me.

I'm not sure if it's just placebo, but in my laptop I'm getting also a better image if I limit AF to 2x.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but I'm curious about these settings. Is it just personal preference or is it there any other reason (performance/not that real/etc)?

I'm not sure if it's just placebo, but in my laptop I'm getting also a better image if I limit AF to 2x.

I usually fly with unlimited fuel, even though my flights aren't long enough to exceed limits.  I also fly with auto coordination since I don't have rudder pedals nor room for them.  Controlling the rudder with my twist grip is a lot like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time.  It can be done, but it's distracting.  As for stress damage, crash damage and so on--I just prefer to enjoy flying to relax.  When I've flown for real in my Light Sport training of course you can keep track of those things, but as I've oft stated in the forums I fly the sims for rest and relaxation and enjoying the beauty of flight, vs. becoming overly immersed in other things that take away from my (and I stress my) enjoyment of the sims.  I don't speak for others just what I enjoy.

About my only concession to realism is that I always fly using indicated, vs. true airspeed and I always try to set up fuel and payload to stay at or under gross weight.  I also always fly with some chop and when I am using my rudder (with auto coord off), shifting winds to simulate more the dynamics of the air.  That's one area where FSX is very cool, since it also simulates thermal effects on all aircraft.

You're spot on about 2X Aniso--might be Placebo but FS9 seems happier and so does FSX, and both seem to look better too.  I'm happy I stuck with the thread long enough to see that one post on the Nvidia settings.  Worked better than mine for multiple sims.

John

This will be my last post in this thread. Why? Because I'm fed up with the bad advice that's given by some people.

How one can claim that 2x AF would look better than 16X is beyond me.

Here you go, look for yourself. If you're still not sure if its placebo or not then you must suffer from bad eye sight and then I apologize.

2xAF_zps14e10a5d.jpg

16xAF_zps27c887dc.jpg

This will be my last post in this thread. Why? Because I'm fed up with the bad advice that's given by some people.

How one can claim that 2x AF would look better than 16X is beyond me.

Here you go, look for yourself. If you're still not sure if its placebo or not then you must suffer from bad eye sight and then I apologize.

2xAF_zps14e10a5d.jpg

16xAF_zps27c887dc.jpg

I think you really need to understand that you don't run the forums here.   I feel nobody dictates what is good advice and what is bad advice.  I think no one can dictate what is preferable to me or to anyone else here.  We can go back and forth tossing out pictures all day.  I have pictures I like just as much as yours, and I like yours just as much as mine.  Why can't we just leave it at that?

I feel lecturing people with decades in the hobby, decades doing systems setup, software development, and years of contributions to the forums and hobby doesn't help anyone.  No one's going to listen if members come in here with the attitude that they're our judge or THE judge of the hobby.  I've found some value and some improvements listening to some of the ideas in this thread and I've been willing to admit that.  Yet when I talked about my settings where my aniso was set to 16x, those were dissed too.  I feel what we all need to do is what doctors do--let the patient decide what feels best and listen to the patient, and treat the patient accordingly.  If the placebo effect is better, if that's what it is, then its a lot better than loading up the drug of tweaking all day and not enjoying the sim.

John