Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

threegreen

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System Throttle Problem

I can advance the thrust lever to roughly 15% and everything's fine. But as soon as I advance it just a little bit further the aircraft suddenly applies full thrust as if I had moved it all the way to the stop. When I advance it even more everything is fine again and the thrust is set according to the position of the thrust lever (which is then just above 25%).

I of course get into huge trouble during landing when I want to adjust the thrust lever but the engines suddenly accelerate like mad.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Which settings you have for controls, FSUIPC, FSX or both?

If you refer to the aforementioned problem, that's already fixed. But thanks anyway!

If you refer to the aforementioned problem, that's already fixed. But thanks anyway!

I had the same problem, but my unit was 5 years old so I replaced it with a new one. However, I and maybe others who have or will run into this issue might benefit if you could share your fix with us.

@Spook: Thanks for the vid. I had to slow it down to half speed just to begin to get an idea of what was being done. For sure I could get the throttle unit disassembled, but 100% certain I'd never get it back to working condition. :smile:

Thanks.

However, I and maybe others who have or will run into this issue might benefit if you could share your fix with us.

I'd really like to share the fix with you but the problem is that, don't ask me why, the problem seems to have fixed itself. I did not attempt to solve the problem but did two flights since I posted about the problem. On both occasions, the problem did not appear.