Sign in to follow this  
buckzx12r

Removing planes from FSX

Whats the best way to remove planes from fsx without wiping them out permanently?I just want to thjin out my planes to the ones I use the most.

Yup just move them out to another drive save space and frees up fsx menu from unwanted aircraft - when you want one back just copy it back.

Rich Sennett

Move them to a different folder for safe keeping?

Either that or simply renaming the panel.cfg of the aircraft in question. The second option would be the way to go if you want to keep aircraft as AI, but don't want them to show up on the "select aircraft" screen.

If you just want to remove the airplane from the aircraft selection window, you can rename the airplane's panel folder to something like "panel.OFF". That way FSX will think it's an AI aircraft and will not show it in the UI.

You may not want to mess with whichever airplane you use for your default flight.

Barry Friedman

LOL Trike always remains for quick fly arounds new payware airports.

Rich Sennett

Move them to a different folder for safe keeping?

Good advice!  Just make sure they aren't needed for AI or Missions you like to fly (default aircraft) .