Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain420

Question about nvidia inspector vs fsx in game settings

Okay guys, this is where I need your help. There are conflicting information on here for which settings to use. For example. The official fsx guide by Paul that is very current and up to date says to set FSX AA mode to Antisoptric, while in the PMDG forum's instructions says to use Trilinear? Also the same with setting the FPS limiter. Should I set this inside FSX or use nvidia inspector? Which one is better or are they both the same?

In nvidia inspector theres a section that says Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration. Should I change this to single display performance mode since I'm not using a multi-monitor setup in hopes to get better performance?

I want to get this straight once and for all. Which setting to go buy in FSX, Anisotropic or Trilinear? 

Right now these are my current settings in nvidia inspector:

fsxsettings.jpg

You are seeing PaulJ's recommended (suggested) settings.  PMDG has a guide too.  There are several different guides and recommendations.  You just have to chose which one is best for you.  There are no "perfect" NI settings.  Personally I have set the NI settings to the FSX settings as determined by Nvidia Techs.  You just click on the green icon at the top and hit apply.  For me, the AA/AF settings in the FSX.cfg work best for me.  I think if you use external settings to render FSX, you are asking for trouble(s). My thoughts.

Best regards,

Jim

Aniso or Trilinear in FSX, does not really matter, since you will be using NI to set filtering - so, either..

Limiting fps in FSX to 30 is currently the preferred setting, and NI Vsync = 1/2 monitor refresh.