Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

We need a PMDG airliner....

I've fallen in Love with Peter's A380, but it's an Airbus, and we know buses are not on PMDG's projects, at least for FSX...

Also it is very basic in as far as the FMGS goes... Having to use x-plane-based flightplans is too limited :-(

It would be great to have a T7, or a 744 from PMDG. An NGX would do as well, since it wouldn't overlap the ixeg733...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I came to the topic after being misled by the title; I wondered if it may have been a troll thread, but now see it is in the XPlane forums.

PMDG have already stated they will make, or are at least looking into, an aircraft for XP. They remain secretive over the model, stating that it could change at any time, but I feel an NGX port would be the most successful for them.

but I feel an NGX port would be the most successful for them

This has been said before, but I doubt it would be strategic to port their most complex piece of software first. Really not a good idea, IMHO (even if we'd all want the NGX in X-Plane).

We both have spent so many hours on The PS1 Boeing sim...

I would call myself an Airburs guy these days. I have high expectations to Peter's Busses. They need time, but they will be PMDG like some day.

This has been said before, but I doubt it would be strategic to port their most complex piece of software first. Really not a good idea, IMHO (even if we'd all want the NGX in X-Plane).

I can't see how doing a 777 or 747-400 would be any less complex. I would even argue that they would be MORE complex than the NGX. I think the bulk of their work would be to port their 'engine' that runs underneath FSX to XP and then they could make a decision from there.

With time we will get super advanced aircraft for XPX - XP11 .............

It may not be PMDG, but other will make them.. 

We are starting to see an increase in complexity with the x737project, JAR A320NEO  and other aircraft....

So I am sure we will come to very high system complexity 

Henrik

I think it will be interesting to see what PMDG brings to the XP10 table. It might be a bit subjective but IMO if they do go straight away with their "flagship"  NGX then to me that's a sign that they are "All in" and are looking for XP to be their consumer grade simulation platform for the foreseeable future. Will that happen? who knows? but they have been at it for awhile now.

One thing for sure is we have seen what one or just a few dedicated individuals can do on their own I can only imagine what a dedicated team of professional developers will be able to produce in the future.

RE Thomason Jr.

For me it doesn't have to be PMDG, just a complete model. I'm hoping IXEG or Jrollons 757 will become the XPX flagship.

For me it doesn't have to be PMDG, just a complete model. I'm hoping IXEG or Jrollons 757 will become the XPX flagship.

Since when is Javier Rollon working on 757? I thought there i one 757 coming this June that is done by Ramzess and Philipp.

Me neither I really don't care if it's one of those long time Xplane developers or Abacus for that matter; it's just that many simmers, including myself, associate PMDG with quality and depth.

RE Thomason Jr.

Since when is Javier Rollon working on 757? I thought there i one 757 coming this June that is done by Ramzess and Philipp.

Youre correct, i had the crj on my mind.

I believe PMDG is also interested in another platform. XP is certainly one major focus of atention, but I wouldn't be surprised if the other was DCS World.

A couple of days ago a new module, of high quality / detail, licensed by Lockheed - F35 - was announced by DCS ( and Lockheed is a competitor in the PC-based sim market with their P3D!!! ).

Hapilly for me XPX and DCS do not intercept, but can rather complement each other, although the are where DCS complements XPS - Modern Air Combat or even air combat in other epochs - isn't really what I'm after...

I believe PMDG is also interested in another platform. XP is certainly one major focus of atention, but I wouldn't be surprised if the other was DCS World.

A couple of days ago a new module, of high quality / detail, licensed by Lockheed - F35 - was announced by DCS ( and Lockheed is a competitor in the PC-based sim market with their P3D!!! ).

Hapilly for me XPX and DCS do not intercept, but can rather complement each other, although the are where DCS complements XPS - Modern Air Combat or even air combat in other epochs - isn't really what I'm after...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The Ixeg 737 will be the standard when it's released, but with that said I doubt PMDG will come in with a weak offering.  It's a new market and you don't enter a new market with a whimper. As I have said in other threads they can practice with X-plane internally, they don't have to rush a release.  When we see a PMDG offering it will be a full on airliner just like their offerings for FSX

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

As long as PMDG build it to their high standards, I don't actually care if it's an airliner or a GA aircraft. I'm really hoping some day, a company of this caliber will build a study sim of one of the Cessnas.

As long as PMDG build it to their high standards, I don't actually care if it's an airliner or a GA aircraft. I'm really hoping some day, a company of this caliber will build a study sim of one of the Cessnas.

I would LOVE a company like PMDG to build a GA plane for x-plane.   I doubt PMDG would build one since they don't do GA planes but maybe someday real air or A2A will come over to x-pane. 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB