Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reason

Milviz P-38 RB.

Just got it today. And wonder if anyone here has been flying it, perhaps I missed many things here but I guess it is less popular in this forum. I actually experienced an issue and haven't managed to solve it. While waiting for their reply, has any P-38 user ever had magnetos switches issues? I couldn't swicth them to "on" position. I had to use the ctrl+e. Any ideas?

Wisnu Prabowo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just installed it. Mixture & prop levers are unstable. They "flutter". Props twitch as the prop lever jumps around. I use a CH throttle quadrant.

Problems solved. There are unlock buttons on the mixture knobs.

Yeah, sitting on the runway waiting for a King Air 350 to take me out I too did not realize the "interlock" was a "feature"...

OK I've got it now. Contrary to the Quick Start Guide, the battery, & avionics also, I think, have to be switched on before the unlock click-spots appear. Fabulous airplane although resource hungry. Frame rates OK but my Orbx scenery seems to be taking a hit.

Just for future information, there is a separate Milviz forum here at AVSIM in addition to their own forums at their website.

And to get support you must provide proof of purchase.

Yes sorry for that. I've got a proper support regarding my ignorance about setting up start up configuration via email. I posted this before I received answers to my questions. It's a great product, clearly the best P-38 ever made.

Wisnu Prabowo

Yes sorry for that. I've got a proper support regarding my ignorance about setting up start up configuration via email. I posted this before I received answers to my questions. It's a great product, clearly the best P-38 ever made.

Wisnu Prabowo

Yeah, MilViz RB P-38 is a great model. It still has that warbird feel to it, but with modern avionics it lets you fly it fully in IFR similar manner to A2A civilian P-51, if you like to. Or just buzz the skies airshow style with ORBX England with freeware Duxford, for example. Some GA Cessna or Beech feels sooooo sloooow and cumbersome after this :P

OK I've got it now. Contrary to the Quick Start Guide, the battery, & avionics also, I think, have to be switched on before the unlock click-spots appear. Fabulous airplane although resource hungry. Frame rates OK but my Orbx scenery seems to be taking a hit.

Correction: Just the battery has to be switched on. The scenery issue was unrelated. It is an excellent airplane!